Politics as poker

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Politics as poker

Post by LongGone »

Here in the good old USA, we call your Brexit and raise you a Trump.
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Politics as poker

Post by J.R. »

Having a brief scan round the internet this morning, I see that a large back-lash has already started in the States regarding Trumps elevation.

I fear far more is to come. Interestingly, one political pundit on TV (Channel 4) said last night said he doubted Trump would even complete his four year tenure.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

I am on a forum which includes principally US authors; everything I have seen so far suggests that peeps don't think much of either candidate, Clinton is getting pasted because she didn't go to campaign hq to thank her assistants / crew, and of course the riots. A lot of them claim to have voted for independents. The forecast was (I read this at 6am UK time) that Clinton will demand recounts in every state which did not support her and that there will be claims of election fraud etc
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:I am on a forum which includes principally US authors; everything I have seen so far suggests that peeps don't think much of either candidate, Clinton is getting pasted because she didn't go to campaign hq to thank her assistants / crew, and of course the riots. A lot of them claim to have voted for independents. The forecast was (I read this at 6am UK time) that Clinton will demand recounts in every state which did not support her and that there will be claims of election fraud etc

Watch This Space ????
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Post by LongGone »

sejintenej wrote:I am on a forum which includes principally US authors; everything I have seen so far suggests that peeps don't think much of either candidate, Clinton is getting pasted because she didn't go to campaign hq to thank her assistants / crew, and of course the riots. A lot of them claim to have voted for independents. The forecast was (I read this at 6am UK time) that Clinton will demand recounts in every state which did not support her and that there will be claims of election fraud etc

Not a word of any of this on any site I read.
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

The natural consequence of 37 years (36 in the US) of neoliberalism in which the ordinary punter has been squeezed in favour of speculators and people who hardly qualify to even be called capitalists. The fact that the protest vote has attached itself to strange fish like Farage and Trump is a measure of how both New Labour and the Democrat party got into bed with these interests. Bizarre that a Republican party which has traditionally been the party of business and finance is now standing up for the little guy while the Democrats, with their traditional link to organised labour, are now seen as the party of the establishment. Trump says he's going to lower taxes and spend more on infrastructure. In other words he's going to be Ronald Reagan and Franklin D Roosevelt rolled into one. Yes indeed; in four years we shall look back with interest.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

LongGone wrote:

Not a word of any of this on any site I read.
Have a good laugh:

http://heatst.com/politics/canadians-do ... na-dunham/

That is not a site I had even heard of - passed to me
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!