I'M BACK !!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

I'M BACK !!

Post by J.R. »

You probably haven't noticed my enforced abscence over the past few days.

Thanks to Jan who noticed something wrong with me a week ago yesterday and a forced trip to our GP, I was rushed to East Surrey Hospital Redhill where within a few hours it was diagnosed I had suffered a stroke. Thank God Jan noticed I was dragging my right foot and slurring slightly. Luckily it was caught quite early and I am back home after a five day sentence. Weak, but feeling better, sleeping for England, and I haven't smoked for 8 days, and don't intend too.

The downside was the present I received from ESH on the proposed day of my discharge - NOVOVIRUS.

For those of you who don't quite know what that is, let me just tell you, YOU DON'T WANT TOO.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: I'M BACK !!

Post by jhopgood »

Welcome back. I trust you will have a speedy recovery.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

As John says, Welcome Back!

Having had Norovirus a few years ago, I agree it's not something you want to know about. In my case, some foolish so and so came into work in our café for the Santa trains. I dread to think how many she infected, if it was the same proportion as staff it would have been very bad. I think she lost her job, as it is clearly a term of service you don't come to work with food when infected.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

Hope you're getting on OK. Are you looking lopsided? Best wishes.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

rockfreak wrote:Hope you're getting on OK. Are you looking lopsided? Best wishes.

Only slightly when tired !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

J.R. wrote:You probably haven't noticed my enforced abscence over the past few days.

Thanks to Jan who noticed something wrong with me a week ago yesterday and a forced trip to our GP, I was rushed to East Surrey Hospital Redhill where within a few hours it was diagnosed I had suffered a stroke. Thank God Jan noticed I was dragging my right foot and slurring slightly. Luckily it was caught quite early and I am back home after a five day sentence. Weak, but feeling better, sleeping for England, and I haven't smoked for 8 days, and don't intend too.

The downside was the present I received from ESH on the proposed day of my discharge - NOVOVIRUS.

For those of you who don't quite know what that is, let me just tell you, YOU DON'T WANT TOO.
Sorry to discover that you have been unwell John but top marks to Jan for being observant.

I hope you recover completely soon.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

What do the cats have to say about it?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

So glad you're ok, sorry to hear, but prompt action sounds like it made the difference!

Welcome back!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.