The End Is Nigh (This Means You)

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Re: Expliquez! (If that's the word...)

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Angela Woodford wrote:Well exactly, JR! :wink:

Goodness knows what a wonderful tropical lifestyle is like - I don't! :cry:

I think I might quickly take off a few years from this life by re-categorising myself as a pessimist - I lied and said I was "regular".

Anyway, Philip, you still haven't explained yourself re the stockings. One post you are importing them, the next you can get them - Thai lingerie shops must be rather heavenly. Sigh!

Angela
I just love the way this thread came back to life today after 18 months in a virtual coma.

Angela, I may be wrong, but I think Pakistan was the destination of the original stockings. And that was 20 years ago. And I'll never explain (for that would spoil the fun.)
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Recovering consciousness!

Post by Angela Woodford »

Remarkable! All that time in a coma ( the End being Nigh) and then this thread comes back into life! :roll:

I'm quite glad I discovered it. I've carefully written down the date of my death so that I can let people know. In fact I might advance it a bit in case anyone might want to start being nice to me ahead of time.

You'll find, Philip, that you've been mentioned in the topic "JR gets everywhere". This is because Maggie thought of JR whilst reading the Sunday Times in which stocking tops and suspenders are mentioned today. You have made me think wistfully of the glamorous lingerie shops of Bangkok. How wonderful they must be!

OK. A little more information has emerged. You sent stockings from the UK to Pakistan. A sprecial sort you couldn't find in Thailand? Fishnets? Black seams?

Excitedly

Angela
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

<sigh>
No,no,no... I took them from the UK to Pakistan. In my luggage. With a black pudding, a large CB radio arial and several other items.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Ajarn Philip wrote:<sigh>
No,no,no... I took them from the UK to Pakistan. In my luggage. With a black pudding, a large CB radio arial and several other items.
You will remember, dear Munch, that we used couriers for all sorts of things to Islamabad, things we could not get there. Silk stockings would be very easy to carry, unlike car parts which my sons had to bring out to Borneo!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Now I am getting it all straight...(as one wants one's seams to be)... hope the stockings were a great success!

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Angela Woodford wrote:Now I am getting it all straight...(as one wants one's seams to be)...
Munch

I spent hours in chapel staring at the back of DR's legs: she really wasn't terribly good at getting the seams to travel up the middle of her calves. Then there was the day when she wore one seamless and one seamed; or perhaps the seam was so far off centre that I couldn't see it?
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Have just redone this date of death thing - apparently I'm going to die on 26th September 2011 - the day before my 60th birthday....

Now, granted that I indicated myself as a pessimist, but even so, giving me just 4 years to live when I don't even smoke is a bit thick ... !
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

I was wondering whether identifying oneself as being sadistic increased or decreased your life expectancy. Are there any sadists who could let us know? As you presumably enjoy your sadism, that must be positive and would be better than being, for example, a pessimistic underweight, non-smoker? Just a small thought for a Monday morning at the start of the holidays.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Sadistic?

cj wrote:I was wondering whether identifying oneself as being sadistic increased or decreased your life expectancy. Are there any sadists who could let us know? As you presumably enjoy your sadism, that must be positive and would be better than being, for example, a pessimistic underweight, non-smoker? Just a small thought for a Monday morning at the start of the holidays.
Wouldn't sadistic tendences cause all sorts of problems? After all, one might be on the receiving end or in a reciprocal situation - potentially life-threatening maybe...

Life expectancy massively lowered!

Although perhaps you're right, Catherine, and the endorphin rush of the practising sadist might compensate for a smoking habit + plenty of all-butter shortbread. However, karma from evildoing could be catching up with our sadist.

Munch
cj
Button Grecian

Re: Sadistic?

Post by cj »

Angela Woodford wrote:
cj wrote:I was wondering whether identifying oneself as being sadistic increased or decreased your life expectancy. Are there any sadists who could let us know? As you presumably enjoy your sadism, that must be positive and would be better than being, for example, a pessimistic underweight, non-smoker? Just a small thought for a Monday morning at the start of the holidays.
Wouldn't sadistic tendences cause all sorts of problems? After all, one might be on the receiving end or in a reciprocal situation - potentially life-threatening maybe...

Life expectancy massively lowered!

Although perhaps you're right, Catherine, and the endorphin rush of the practising sadist might compensate for a smoking habit + plenty of all-butter shortbread. However, karma from evildoing could be catching up with our sadist.

Munch
Being on the receiving end would make you a masochist, surely. As someone who doesn't practice S&M (or M&S for that matter) I would have no idea, but I'm led to believe that the receiver enjoys as much as the giver - grown men in oversized nappies having their botties spanked or given shocks to the testicles with cattle prods and all that.

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Yes yes, of course you're right - a masochist - do you think it would score the same for the date-of-death expectancy?
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

cj wrote:As someone who doesn't practice S&M (or M&S for that matter) I would have no idea, but I'm led to believe that the receiver enjoys as much as the giver - grown men in oversized nappies having their botties spanked or given shocks to the testicles with cattle prods and all that.
bl**dy Hell's teeth, Catherine. Nappies I can just about live with (though they clash awfully with the stockings), but the cattle prod remark was just a tad OTT. The tears are still forming. I used to do most of my last minute Christmas shopping at M&S, which must display masochistic tendencies. I'm off to listen to some soothing music and ponder the vagaries of cj's overly vivid imagination.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

cj wrote:Being on the receiving end would make you a masochist, surely. As someone who doesn't practice S&M (or M&S for that matter) I would have no idea, but I'm led to believe that the receiver enjoys as much as the giver - grown men in oversized nappies having their botties spanked or given shocks to the testicles with cattle prods and all that.
Have you ever considered trying to become the next Barbara Cartland? :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Mid A 15 wrote:
cj wrote:Being on the receiving end would make you a masochist, surely. As someone who doesn't practice S&M (or M&S for that matter) I would have no idea, but I'm led to believe that the receiver enjoys as much as the giver - grown men in oversized nappies having their botties spanked or given shocks to the testicles with cattle prods and all that.
Was she an S&M dominatrix (in pink not black)?

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

cj wrote:
Mid A 15 wrote:
Was she an S&M dominatrix (in pink not black)?
She must have had sadistic qualities to inflict her books on the populus and maybe masochistic tendencies to be so prolific :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72