Getting rid of Google

Offers of support or requests for support and advice from Old Blues. Personal difficulties, financial advice etc. offered and requested...

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Getting rid of Google

Post by sejintenej »

Looking at one of DNTS's posts (viewtopic.php?t=1933&start=555) I happened to click on the "mail to ..." link.

What a load of uselessness; instead of getting an email form I get a G-Mail website and no possibility of contacting DBTS. How do I get rid of G-Mail???

BTW - I was only testing what would happen because I had the same problem last night when I was testing the links in my own website.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
MKM
Grecian

Re: Getting rid of Google

Post by MKM »

sejintenej wrote:Looking at one of DNTS's posts (viewtopic.php?t=1933&start=555) I happened to click on the "mail to ..." link.

What a load of uselessness; instead of getting an email form I get a G-Mail website and no possibility of contacting DBTS. How do I get rid of G-Mail???

BTW - I was only testing what would happen because I had the same problem last night when I was testing the links in my own website.
This works for me, running MS Windows XP:
- click the "start" button
- On the right-hand side select "Set program access and defaults"
- Select "custom" and click on the little arrows on the right
- Select the required email program from the list
Mary
CH 1965-1972
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Getting rid of Google

Post by sejintenej »

MKM wrote:
sejintenej wrote:Looking at one of DNTS's posts (viewtopic.php?t=1933&start=555) I happened to click on the "mail to ..." link.

This works for me, running MS Windows XP:
- click the "start" button
- On the right-hand side select "Set program access and defaults"
- Select "custom" and click on the little arrows on the right
- Select the required email program from the list
Hi, Mary

Although I also use XP Professional I don't have the "Set Program access.......". However I did check my defaults and that shows the default email program to be Outlook Express.

(I actually use the mailers provided by my online mail suppliers (Yahoo etc)

David
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!