'Forgotten Blues' exhibition at Hertford Museum

Share your memories and stories from the Hertford Christ's Hospital School, which closed in 1985, when the two schools integrated to the Horsham site....

Moderator: Moderators

museumcurator
2nd Former

'Forgotten Blues' exhibition at Hertford Museum

Post by museumcurator »

Dear All

I hope those of you who could come over last Saturday enjoyed yourselves at the museum. I do hope those of you who could not make it on that Saturday will get a chance to see the exhibition. It finishes on Saturday 9th August and the museum is open from Tuesday to Saturay, 10am to 5pm, admission free.

Thank you to all of you who kindly gave the museum a donation of £33 from the profits of your dinner. Its greatly appreciated! Hertford Museum is a registered charity, and we are always looking for donations to help with the upkeep of the place.

Its true what Kerren says - the museum will be closing at the end of August for redevelopment. We have received a Heritage Lottery grant (just under £1 million) to improve our services to the local community and other visitors - this includes new permanent dispays about the town (featuring CH of course - now that I have all this material!), a lift, new learning space, resource room and lots of other improvements.

I did mention to Kerren that we could do a yearly or twice yearly 'informal gathering' for former 'forgotten blues' at the museum once we re-open - in our new learning space, and resurrect the exhibition!....perhaps this needs to be thought about in detail.

A Head Girl who came to Miss Tucker's talk asked if we were thinking of publishing a booklet to go with the exhibition which I had initially thought of but ran out of time. We have decided to do this and it will mainly consist of photographs and memories/quotes from all those people who have contributed to the exhibition. We are hoping to have it produced in the next few months and it is likely to cost under £5. Once I know the details, I will let everyone know. In the meantime, if you are interested in knowing more about this please do not hesitate to email me on helen@hertfordmuseum.org and I will add you to the list.

It has been a real pleasure sharing your memories and photographs and I have thoroughly enjoyed producing this exhibition - thank you !

Helen Gurney
Curator
Hertford Museum
http://www.hertfordmuseum.org
MKM
Grecian

Re: 'Forgotten Blues' exhibition at Hertford Museum

Post by MKM »

I enjoyed the exhibition enormously. I wandered in and out several times, and kept seeing interesting things I'd missed before. Thank you for organising it.
Mary
CH 1965-1972
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: 'Forgotten Blues' exhibition at Hertford Museum

Post by englishangel »

I agree with Mary (above), I am intending to come back with my offspring.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"