Playing tennis at weekends with friends in the summer term, christmas time with the dorm decks up & Holly Burning. The joy of seeing the swimming pool boarded over for half the year And being old enough to venture out into Hertford! Hmm - I'm sure there's more. Will have to think on it.
- Button Grecian
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:44 pm
- Real Name: Katharine Dobson
- Location: Gwynedd
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!
- Deputy Grecian
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:01 pm
- Real Name: Alexandra Thrift
- Location: Bournemouth,Dorset
1) Singing in the choir
2) Singing in the house in harmony especially the bathrooms .
3) Singing in the House singing competition
4) Singing extracts from musicals in singing lessons
5) Singing at Christmas including when the choir came around the houses carol singing
Listening to the pop charts on Sunday on the radio and dancing around in the dayroom.
Playing cards with my friends especially Bridge and Racing Demon.
Playing Rounders out on the field ( so glad I was in Sixes and next to the field ) and also French Cricket with a tennis racquet.
Going for long walks even if it was in a crocodile.
Hanging around with my friends in the town when I was older.
Meeting very special and lovely fellow CH students.
Messing around in the Art School ( painting, pottery , weaving etc )
Getting "Post" ( letters etc ) = communication with the outside world.
Reading all kinds of Books and magazines in the wonderful many sided library
The End of Term.
The only lessons I remember enjoying were those with Frances Mercer ( History, Logic, Philosophy etc) and the
Chemistry lessons when Miss Thompson let of "fireworks" of a home-made sort. Oh and Art Lessons ( even though I wasn't very good )
- Button Grecian
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:55 am
- Real Name: Angela Marsh
- Location: Exiled Londoner, now in Staffordshire.
There's more of a dynamic interchange of opinions on the flourishing CH Ladies on Facebook. You might enjoy this!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests