Who's Blue

Ask questions of the CHOBA board. This is a new idea, which depending on demand we'll review it's continuance moving forward.

Moderator: Moderators

Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Who's Blue

Post by Mark1 »

Hi,

just wondering what the status is of Who's Blue -

is it still online?

how does a recent Old Blue go about accessing/searching it?

Many thanks,

Mark Laichena
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: Who's Blue

Post by jtaylor »

Who's Blue is still available online.
There a link on the CH website:- http://www.christs-hospital.org.uk/old-blues-intro.php
Here's the direct link:- https://christs-hospital.scholastica.net/

In order to get your own login details, you should contact Wendy Killner at the CHA office- she will able to provide you with your username, PIN number and password, following a few security questions to confirm your identity.

Hope that helps - do give me a shout again if not.

Kind regards,

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
postwarblue
Deputy Grecian

Post by postwarblue »

Is Who's Blue still available please? The 2008 link is duff.
'Oh blest retirement, friend to life's decline'
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

There is an Old Blues directory on the CHOBA website, though I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as Who's Blue. LInk is at https://portal.christs-hospital.org.uk/ ... login.aspx but you have to register first.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
Kit Bartlett
Deputy Grecian

Post by Kit Bartlett »

Are there any plans to publish an updated Who's Blue ? It is now 22 years since the last one in 1996.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Kit Bartlett wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 am Are there any plans to publish an updated Who's Blue ? It is now 22 years since the last one in 1996.
I believe that there are Data Protection ramifications which have developed since 1996. Indeed even more stringent regulations become operative in May.

Despite pointing out the issue I do not profess to be an expert but the bottom line is that publication of names, addresses, telephone numbers etc could potentially leave CHOBA (or what ever it's called at the moment) liable to legal action.

I believe that there is a 'Who's Blue Online' where the onus is on the member to decide what they do (or don't) disclose. However I do not know how many partake.

Kent COBS resurrected for a short while a few years back and I can remember 'MisterBee' on here (Richard Briggs the Chairman) bemoaning the difficulties he had in trying to attract potential members because of data protection.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:45 pm
Kit Bartlett wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 am Are there any plans to publish an updated Who's Blue ? It is now 22 years since the last one in 1996.
I believe that there are Data Protection ramifications which have developed since 1996. Indeed even more stringent regulations become operative in May.

Despite pointing out the issue I do not profess to be an expert but the bottom line is that publication of names, addresses, telephone numbers etc could potentially leave CHOBA (or what ever it's called at the moment) liable to legal action.

I believe that there is a 'Who's Blue Online' where the onus is on the member to decide what they do (or don't) disclose. However I do not know how many partake.

Kent COBS resurrected for a short while a few years back and I can remember 'MisterBee' on here (Richard Briggs the Chairman) bemoaning the difficulties he had in trying to attract potential members because of data protection.
An interesting comment given the current situation with Cambridge Analytica and Facebook.

People still can't understand why I gave up using Facebook some years ago.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.