What *is* the CHA?

Ask questions of the CHOBA board. This is a new idea, which depending on demand we'll review it's continuance moving forward.

Moderator: Moderators

Eruresto
Grecian

What *is* the CHA?

Post by Eruresto »

I've heard the name CHA batted around a fair bit, but what actually is it, and what do you do? All I know (read "think") is that you run OBD, but what is there apart from that? :?
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: What *is* the CHA?

Post by J.R. »

Over to JT, JH and RR !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Eruresto wrote:I've heard the name CHA batted around a fair bit, but what actually is it, and what do you do? All I know (read "think") is that you run OBD, but what is there apart from that? :?
Have you checked out the webpage?

Should answer your question.

Best wishes

Caroline
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Eruresto wrote:I've heard the name CHA batted around a fair bit, but what actually is it, and what do you do? All I know (read "think") is that you run OBD, but what is there apart from that? :?
Hi Josh,

The best place to get an idea about what the CHA does is to look here:-
http://www.chassociation.org/faq/chamembership.php

The CHA replaced the "The CH Club", which was a subscription club. Membership of the CHA is automatic, free and life-long for Old Blues, current and previous staff, Governors and Almoners and all previous members of the CH Club.

The CHA produces The Old Blue, which is sent to all members twice a year for free.

Yes, it organises Old Blues Day, but there are also a number of other reunions, and of course the annual CHA Carol Concert in London which was established by the CHA a couple of years ago and had become a firm favourite.
Events details are here:- http://www.chassociation.org/events/index.php

The CHA also provides the Careers Network, which is in the process of being relaunched - this provides both Blues and Old Blues with a network to contact for careers advice, job contacts, mentoring etc. (I'm providing a two week placement for a leaving Grecian from this year, in a couple of weeks - very rewarding for me to be involved, and hopefully for him too) All you need to do to take advantage of this is to contact Wendy in the CHA Office

There's also a dedicated Young Old Blues (YOBs) section...Kate Atkinson is the CHA Board rep for this, and can be contacted via Wendy in the CHA Office

There's other stuff we get up to - give me a shout if you'd like to chat about it - or ask for further info here and I hope I can help...
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.