College of Charleston, South Carolina

Want to contact someone who's been to the Uni you're thinking of going to?
Old Blues - post here if you're prepared to offer advice/support to someone thinking of going to your Uni...

Moderator: Moderators

Apalacia
3rd Former

College of Charleston, South Carolina

Post by Apalacia »

As Mark has done, I too am now studying in the States, at the College of Charleston, in South Carolina. I am doing an MA In history, but if any Old Blues or Current Students want information - just let me know.

Also....for international students you don't pay international fees...you pay out of State. This is going to be one of the cheapest educations that you can gain in the US. The College was the first Municipal College in the Country, and it is one of the oldest (1778 I believe). It is rated highly, and has a very strong business and economics department.

It is also a beautiful city, one of the great bastions of the US South. Anyone interested in a US education really should look into CofC.

Amanda Mazur
LHB 1998-2005
CHAZ
Grecian

Re: College of Charleston, South Carolina

Post by CHAZ »

Indeed CoxC is older than UNC Chapel Hill (1778) where Mark is and where I went some 20 years ago. You are indeed lucky to be in one of the Souths most beautiful cities but if like North Carolina, the summers are incredibly humid and the in and out of air con buildings does no good to one's health. Where did you do your undergrad and how did you get to choose Charleston? Scholarship?
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
Apalacia
3rd Former

Re: College of Charleston, South Carolina

Post by Apalacia »

It is incredibly humid - you are right!! Erm, well, did Undergrad at King's College London...my parents live in Virginia and my boyfriend and I (Rupert Munro) did a road trip, found Charleston, loved it and haven't looked back!