Any other CH parents here?

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 pm
Location: Greenham, Berkshire

Post by huggermugger » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:09 pm

lonelymom wrote:
huggermugger wrote:Having said that I can't look at photos of him too often!
I'm quite the opposite. I keep looking at photos of her, and (I think this is the first, if not the second sign of madness) talking to them!
Bless you, I think that's rather nice! As I've said, I believe in keeping the channels of communication open!

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 pm
Location: Greenham, Berkshire

Post by huggermugger » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:15 pm

lonelymom wrote:
englishangel wrote:I have just slept in her bed the last 2 nights.
I thought of doing that, but since my daughter's bed is one which involves scaling a ladder, I thought better of it.
Ladder or no ladder, you won't catch me sleeping in my boy's bed. CH sent various missives re: the importance of establishing good personal hygiene habits which I read aloud often to him but they made little impact & he still had to be dragged protesting to every (infrequent) bath & shower. :roll:

I find it difficult to go into his room, let alone sleep in his bed... but he'll be back in both at the weekend - yippee! :supz:

sejintenej
Button Grecian
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:19 pm
Real Name: David Brown
Location: Essex

Post by sejintenej » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:56 pm

huggermugger wrote:
lonelymom wrote:
englishangel wrote:I have just slept in her bed the last 2 nights.
I thought of doing that, but since my daughter's bed is one which involves scaling a ladder, I thought better of it.
Ladder or no ladder, you won't catch me sleeping in my boy's bed. CH sent various missives re: the importance of establishing good personal hygiene habits which I read aloud often to him but they made little impact & he still had to be dragged protesting to every (infrequent) bath & shower. :roll:

I find it difficult to go into his room, let alone sleep in his bed... but he'll be back in both at the weekend - yippee! :supz:
I am sure that the old Horsham method of persuading such a person would help if he heard about it - the application of black shoe polish with a stiff shoebrush followed by a vigorous polishing with a marginally less stiff brush of those two globular objects which hang at the bottom of the abdomen. I don't remember a second treatment being necessary.
It is hard to make a comeback when you haven’t been anywhere.

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 pm
Location: Greenham, Berkshire

Post by huggermugger » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:11 pm

What?? :shock:

I have read that message a number of times & I hope to goodness I've misunderstood it! You have got to be joking (please??) For goodness sake!

sejintenej
Button Grecian
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:19 pm
Real Name: David Brown
Location: Essex

Post by sejintenej » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:02 pm

huggermugger wrote:What?? :shock:

I have read that message a number of times & I hope to goodness I've misunderstood it! You have got to be joking (please??) For goodness sake!
I am sitting here laughing my head off; it is almost impossible to type. Did you really misunderstand those things that football players kick around? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I suppose you are not accustomed to bowdlerised words

NO, I am certainly not joking; it was a highly effective deterrent for a number of problems including BO.

Perhaps it would be approved of in today's permissive age but then I am sure it was not approved of in my day. The fact that something is not approved of (or is even prohibited) does not mean that it is not done.
Can you really imagine the Headmaster getting up in Assembly and announcing to the entire school (must not differentiate against the girls by keeping them out of the room - it's not "done") that the blackening and polishing of [medical term omitted] will not be allowed in future. There is, of course the problem of equality; how should the girls get treated in such circumstances?
(That is for JR to answer - if he dares!)
It is hard to make a comeback when you haven’t been anywhere.

User avatar
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:13 am
Real Name: Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Post by icomefromalanddownunder » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:40 am

sejintenej wrote:There is, of course the problem of equality; how should the girls get treated in such circumstances?
(That is for JR to answer - if he dares!)

Hmmmm, I'm not JR, but am known for my occasional feats of daring ........

I would like to think that one of the girl's friends might tactfully raise the subject in a roundabout kind of way, and if that didn't get the message across, birthday and Christmas gifts of shower gel, deodorant, perfumed talc.

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian
Posts: 2880
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:55 am
Real Name: Angela Marsh
Location: Exiled Londoner, now in Staffordshire.

Don't worry!

Post by Angela Woodford » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:32 am

sejintenej wrote:I am sure that the old Horsham method of persuading such a person would help if he heard about it - the application of black shoe polish with a stiff shoebrush followed by a vigorous polishing with a marginally less stiff brush of those two globular objects which hang at the bottom of the abdomen. I don't remember a second treatment being necessary.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Another horrible Horsham story, which I'm sure, huggermugger, must never happen nowadays! You musn't worry about it!

Speaking as a non-CH mamma, I can remember that any "personal hygiene" problem moments in the life of my (local comprehensive educated) son were quickly eradicated as soon as he discovered GIRLS who took the same fresh and fragrant viewpoint as his two glamour sisters. Your son, huggermugger, is now surrounded by girls!

Shoe polish to scrotum... shudder, shudder! How long did it take you to get it all off, David? :wink:

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""

sejintenej
Button Grecian
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:19 pm
Real Name: David Brown
Location: Essex

Re: Don't worry!

Post by sejintenej » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:23 am

Angela Woodford wrote:Shoe polish to scrotum... shudder, shudder! How long did it take you to get it all off, David? :wink:

Munch
It was a rare action, made even more rare by the fact that most males do not like those parts handled by other males; in fact I can only remember it being done a couple of times in 9 years and I was never the victim.

I imagine it took quite a time worsened by the fact that our day was so regimented that one would not often have a free 30 minutes - or more - to do the necessary.
It is hard to make a comeback when you haven’t been anywhere.

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 pm
Location: Greenham, Berkshire

Re: Don't worry!

Post by huggermugger » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:36 am

Angela Woodford wrote:Another horrible Horsham story, which I'm sure, huggermugger, must never happen nowadays! You musn't worry about it!

Munch
Put it like this, if it ever did happen to my son, someone else's would have to be severed from their own abdomen. Boy's, Housemaster's or Headmaster's. I wouldn't be fussy. :evil:

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14809
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey

Post by J.R. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:32 pm

icomefromalanddownunder wrote:
sejintenej wrote:There is, of course the problem of equality; how should the girls get treated in such circumstances?
(That is for JR to answer - if he dares!)
Hmmmm, I'm not JR, but am known for my occasional feats of daring ........

I would like to think that one of the girl's friends might tactfully raise the subject in a roundabout kind of way, and if that didn't get the message across, birthday and Christmas gifts of shower gel, deodorant, perfumed talc.
My mind has stopped boggling but I'll keep the results of my musing to myself.

Regarding the shoe-polish to the dangly bits remedy - I remember that happening to an individyal who didn't believe in personal hygiene at Police Training College. The final act was the application of after-shave.

He became a very SMART lad after that !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
blondie95
Button Grecian
Posts: 2590
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:41 pm
Real Name: Amy Leadbeater
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by blondie95 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:51 pm

as leave weekend fast approaches....wil you be informaing your children about what you have learnt and shared with us lot here on this forum. (i am already envisaging the teenage mortifiactaion look that i perfected!)
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:30 pm
Real Name: Phil Underwood
Location: Thailand

Re: Don't worry!

Post by Ajarn Philip » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:18 pm

huggermugger wrote:Put it like this, if it ever did happen to my son, someone else's would have to be severed from their own abdomen. Boy's, Housemaster's or Headmaster's. I wouldn't be fussy. :evil:
Thank you, huggermugger, I've had a mildly irritating day, and you've just brightened it. :lol:
I know exactly what words I am wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiffsquiddled around

Phil Underwood Ma A Col A Mid B 68-75

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 pm
Location: Greenham, Berkshire

Post by huggermugger » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm

blondie95 wrote:as leave weekend fast approaches....wil you be informaing your children about what you have learnt and shared with us lot here on this forum. (i am already envisaging the teenage mortifiactaion look that i perfected!)
Hi Amy

My son already knows I've been talking on this forum - he's not really interested in what I talk about or to whom!

Given the preceding remarks regarding what I consider to be extraordinarily drastic measures to a fairly ordinary young male habit, an edited version would be in order anyway. I have to say I'm really unsure as to the tone of these; there seems to be a level of approval which I find rather disturbing... :?

huggermugger
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 pm
Location: Greenham, Berkshire

Re: Don't worry!

Post by huggermugger » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Ajarn Philip wrote:
huggermugger wrote:Put it like this, if it ever did happen to my son, someone else's would have to be severed from their own abdomen. Boy's, Housemaster's or Headmaster's. I wouldn't be fussy. :evil:
Thank you, huggermugger, I've had a mildly irritating day, and you've just brightened it. :lol:
You're welcome - but I was only half-joking! Or should I say half-serious... :axe:

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian
Posts: 2880
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:55 am
Real Name: Angela Marsh
Location: Exiled Londoner, now in Staffordshire.

Re: Don't worry!

Post by Angela Woodford » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 pm

huggermugger wrote:Put it like this, if it ever did happen to my son, someone else's would have to be severed from their own abdomen. Boy's, Housemaster's or Headmaster's. I wouldn't be fussy. :evil:
I'll be there with you dancing round the severed remains. Never, in my local-comprehensive-parenthood have I heard of such awful school cruelties as those practised in the past by CH boys.

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest