Two week half term coming up

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

blondie95
Button Grecian

Two week half term coming up

Post by blondie95 »

As Half term approaches and the mum's are getting ready to welcome the kids back for two weeks.......how are they feeling? and how have the last 4 or so weeks been?
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

2 weeks half term ?

Gor Blimey - How the kids of today live !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

i know i remember my grecians one, 1 week in Germany on German study visit. The Dublin for second week taggin on end of brothers rugby team tour!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Hi Amy

Personally speaking, my children are exhausted - it's been a very hard start to the school year in a lot of ways and I think Half Term has come just at the right moment.

I can't wait to get hold of them and give them a huge cuddle (though they both tower above me now)!

Thanks for asking.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

I can't wait to see her and give her loads of hugs. It's been a very difficult week, and I'm going to be giving her extra hugs and letting her talk if she needs to. Then I think she'll want to lay in bed for a couple of days, before meeting up with her friends from her old school. I think it's important that she keeps in touch with her old friends because all the new ones from CH live so far away.

It's seems like such a long time since I last saw her, but it's been less than three weeks. The time has dragged.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Hope you have a wonderful time with your children this half term. I well remember the count down to ours flying out to Borneo - the grandmothers shared half terms, which gave them some very special memories.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Thanks Katharine. I'm intending to make the most of every single minute.

This is such a friendly site! :D
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

lonelymom wrote: The time has dragged.
I`m sure you`ll find she thinks the opposite!

I hope you "new mums" (and "old mums" !) all have a good half-term!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Thanks Mrs C.

Yes, she says it has flown by. She's having a great time, she absolutely loves it there.

I had a bit of a wobble at the beginning, but now I know how happy she is I'm happy too.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I think my parents have been looking forward to half term too! ;-)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Same for my dad too
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

And me!!!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
huggermugger
Deputy Grecian

Post by huggermugger »

Hello all

Been a bit busy lately so v little time to post...

I have to admit to having had a very low point just before half term. I think the reality of DS being away at school really hit me and I seemed to get a touch of "empty nest" syndrome. This really is a bit of a disjointed life for me - snatched moments on mobile phones & looking forward to the occasional e-mail. Blimey! It's an affair!

No, seriously...

It is a case of adjustment on both sides and the trouble with us parents is that we think about it a bit too much whereas the kids just get on with it (I think... :) )

Happy to report that DS still adores it and we had a full but happy half term. I was extremely grateful to have had the two weeks - there was almost no-one around for the first week so we wandered about quietly, getting used to each other's company again then had a riotous second week full of shows, parties & crafty halloween activities. I'm exhausted & I think he was too. He went back to school without a backward glance - I find it fascinating how he just seems to merge into the general body of kids once he gets there. Off with the old & on with the new!

Now we're looking forward to the School Concert on Sunday which we have tickets for, thanks to a lovely Mrs Gloria Williams in the box office. To go off on a tangent - aren't the CH support staff lovely? Mrs Brakes, the School Office... nobody seems to mind stupid questions!
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

huggermugger wrote:Now we're looking forward to the School Concert on Sunday which we have tickets for, thanks to a lovely Mrs Gloria Williams in the box office.
My parents lived near when I was at Horsham and were very supportive, coming to lots of concerts, plays and matches and even braving the London crowds for St Matthew's Day and the Lord Mayor's Show. It was always good from my point of view to have someone there to see us doing the things we really loved. I hope that you enjoy Sunday. Is DS involved?
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Chuffed to bits for you that everything is going well! :D

huggermugger wrote:Now we're looking forward to the School Concert on Sunday which we have tickets for, thanks to a lovely Mrs Gloria Williams in the box office. To go off on a tangent - aren't the CH support staff lovely? Mrs Brakes, the School Office... nobody seems to mind stupid questions!
Drop them a very brief line, or even an email, to tell them what you've told us. When you work in direct contact with 'the public' in any way, complaints become a fact of life. Praise and thanks are rare and therefore truly appreciated when received. You'll make their day!