Hopeful year 7 parent

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Re: Hopefull year 7 parent

Post by Momto2 »

I'm thinking you will probably be hearing fairly soon now - may you all get big packages :D
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

Has anyone recieved their letter yet? I'm waiting for the postman to arrive. My son is away on a school trip for a week and i've promised not to open it. I'm planning to deciding the results according to the size of the envelope. :rolleyes:
Jade
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Nooooooo, they may have changed their system and then you might get a small envelope and think the worst but really the big package will arrive later :D

Everything crossed for you both x
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

If the envelope is small, I may call CH and explain my situation. The postman came, but no letter. I'm now sitting here waiting for him to come tomorrow.
Jade
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Jade wrote:Has anyone recieved their letter yet? I'm waiting for the postman to arrive. My son is away on a school trip for a week and i've promised not to open it. I'm planning to deciding the results according to the size of the envelope. :rolleyes:
In 1965 my Mum gave me the envelope to open. Many years later (but before I left) she confessed she had steamed the letter open so already knew I was in. I know it was before I left because I made her cross her heart and hope to die that she wouldn't steam open my A Level results.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Momto2 wrote:I'm thinking you will probably be hearing fairly soon now - may you all get big packages :D
We're waiting for the results this week too, and this post made me laugh when I read it, but ever since I've been referring to 'the envelope' as the 'big package'. I don't know how I'll ever look my postman in the eye again after seeing him walking to my door today with a white A4 envelope. I opened the door and said in a really excited voice 'oh wow, you've got a big package for me!' :oops: It was a brochure :(

Tomorrow I'm going to wait to hear the letterbox slam shut so I know he's gone :lol:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

lonelymom wrote:
Momto2 wrote:I'm thinking you will probably be hearing fairly soon now - may you all get big packages :D
We're waiting for the results this week too, and this post made me laugh when I read it, but ever since I've been referring to 'the envelope' as the 'big package'. I don't know how I'll ever look my postman in the eye again after seeing him walking to my door today with a white A4 envelope. I opened the door and said in a really excited voice 'oh wow, you've got a big package for me!' :oops: It was a brochure :(
Oh, that's made my day :lol:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow !
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Thanks Momto2. I've got a funny feeling they'll be coming tomorrow... :wink:

Will let you know the result.
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

The post man thinks I fancy him....
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

LOL Dinahcat, that's really funny. Has anyone recieved any BIGor small envelopes yet? I'm feeling really nervous now.
Jade
HappyFelix
2nd Former

Post by HappyFelix »

Newie here. Just to let you know that I have spent my whole day pressing the "refresh" button just so I can hear whether anyone out there has received a letter Big or Small. The wait is unbearable. In fact, my work colleague has decided she will give the school a ring. She knows parents are not supposed to ring but they did not say friends couldn't. She wants me put out of my misery. I am making my work colleagues hate me as I keep sighing all the time. :axe:
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

We are going on holiday on Saturday for a week - it had not occurred to me before today that we might go away and still NOT know.

I think the school should give a firm date like with exam results and then we would all know exactly when to get nervous - the last 2 weeks wating has been a nightmare!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Lol dinahcat! My postie thinks I want his body! Well, they did say that we would know around the 14th, but I'm just an impatient person. I thought maybe they'd come a couple of days early so that any getting caught up in the post would still arrive by the 14th. Fingers crossed for tomorrow then?
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

I sent you a PM Happy Felix.
Jade
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

The letter from CH just arrived. :D