Hopeful year 7 parent

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

blondie95
Button Grecian

Re: Hopefull year 7 parent

Post by blondie95 »

I helped at the admission days for a couple of years, i had a group of about 8/10 kids to watch over during the exams. We are told to observe them, see how they get on with others, what they are like in group chat etc.....You can tell which kids are behaving normally and which are 'showing off' or behaving in such a way because they blieve thats what we want to see.
As long as he is himself, he gets on with the tests, gets involved in the activities in the house and just enjoy himself. The staff have been doing this for years now-they know whats what.
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I just wanted to wish all the students going to the final assessments this week GOOD LUCK!!!

Also, to all the other parents I wanted to wish them luck too....and to show solidarity in this terrible process!!!
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

I would also like to wish everybody good luck for tomorrows assessements. I would also like to thank the members of the forum for their support and advice, at this very stressful time. :?
Jade
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Have been thinking of you and your son Jade - I'm sure everything is going brilliantly!

Bet you can't wait to see him later - you must let us know what he thought of it all.

xx
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

My son absolutly loved going to the assessments. I've almost never seen him so happy. He seemed quite confident that he did well, so fingers crossed. CH is an amazing place. :D
Jade
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

My son was the same! So excited and kept chattering about it all night.

Now for the long wait.........

Is it right that we will hear mid February?
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

By the 14th of February we will know. I wonder how many children have a presentation? It seemed like almost everyone I spoke to yesterday had one. I thought it was 30?
Jade
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Gosh, I wonder if there is any chance at all on the competitive entry. Also, many of the children my son met already had siblings at the school which may or may not help their case.

14th February is my son's birthday! Hope it's going to make rather than ruin his day!
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »

As far as I know having a sibling attending the school does not help. I think we will probably find out the results a day or two before the 14th. Gosh, it seems like ages away right now. :cry:
Jade
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Very glad to hear both boys enjoyed their assesments :) I'm sure each child is assessed on their own merit - I know of quite a few younger siblings of friends of my daughter who didn't get in.

I remember that wait very well indeed - I remember getting ours at the very beginning of Feb - son's was 1 Feb and although I expected one small letter, it was big package with loads of info!

Fingers crossed for them both!

xx
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Presumably if you get a large package you are 'in'....the small letter would be the rejection.
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Oh, I feel really bad now - may you all get big packages!
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

The chapel service at the end was truly uplifting. It was the first service for the new chaplain and I must say he was really wonderful. He was so very good with the children and although I am worried and anxious I found his words very comforting . He spoke about journeys and reminded the children and the parents that it was just the start of a journey and for some that had to be at CH and for some another place would be better. I hope I have the strength to remember that if we get a small package...
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

Glad they got on well and enjoyed themselves
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
Jade
3rd Former

Post by Jade »