Science GCSE Board

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

epammi
2nd Former

Science GCSE Board

Post by epammi »

Can anyone tell me what Science Board they are taking at CH now? I can't find a revision guide that matches anything mentioned at CH. Thanks
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Re: Science GCSE Board

Post by Momto2 »

My son & daughter have just taken A'Level & GCSE Science respectively and they inform me it was with OCR. Son's exams were in Biology, Chemistry & Physics separately.
epammi
2nd Former

Post by epammi »

Thanks for that - really helpful. Do they know if it was OCR A or OCR B?! Apparently there are two. I also wondered if they sit some exams in GE as part of the final exam and then more modules the following year? Some boards seem to do this. Thanks
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

I'm afraid neither was able to tell me if it's OCR A or B.

It's so confusing I'm afraid - there seem to be 2 exams in UF, some pieces of coursework and then some more exams in GE. My daughter, however, is in the higher tier for Chemistry and Biology and has a higher workload in her GE. It all seems to have changed since my son (now going into Grecians) did his GCSEs although he also did 2 exams in his UF. I think your best bet would be to get in touch with the school for clarification.
Hopeful_2009_Dep
3rd Former

Post by Hopeful_2009_Dep »

I think the GCSE one is OCR Gateway... I know I did OCR but it was not the one CH studied, and we did OCR 21st Century.
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

It is Gateway and my children seem to have been given revision books by the school but I have seen them in Smith's.