PAT Testing

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: PAT Testing

Post by lonelymom »

Ajarn Philip wrote:Sorry to say I had to google PAT testing. Without wishing to appear flippant, it does seem an awfully expensive requirement - is it really necessary? I mean, has any equipment been banned as a result of these tests? Or is it a case of CYA on the off chance that, God forbid, something awful should happen?

(I type from a place where such a thing would cause the entire country to grind to a halt!)
I suspect it's CYA, with maybe a bit of requirement for insurance purposes thrown in :)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I'm glad someone mentioned this as I think I can get his phone and charger tested and certified through work......it might only be a fiver but even so....!!
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

thriftymatron wrote:The last time I paid CH (Jan 06) it was £5 irrespective of the number of items a pupil was having tested. I don't know if it has changed since then. Items can be tested elsewhere and brought in to school as long as the sticker is in date.
That's what it is these days - or at least, was last term.
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

The charge is a one of flat rate charge and it is now obligatory for ALL pupils. I do not think that they will allow pupils to use PAT tested items that have tested at home but not school. If there is an incident our insurers would probably pass the buck. Might be wrong but I doubt it.

The Health and Safety police need to make money somehow!
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

YadaYada wrote:
£4 is quite cheap as it is usually a c£1.50 per item for a firm to get done.
Didn't understand this! Surely if firms only charge £1.50 per item, £4 is expensive NOT cheap?
£1.50 per item against £4 total. Even when I was at CH I had a desklamp, stereo, toaster (by grecians) and timer plug (big home made thing using a streetlamp timer and a double socket
thriftymatron
3rd Former

Post by thriftymatron »

PAT testing will be done in school the week after Leave Weekend, thus enabling any Second Formers phone chargers to be tested at the same time as the rest of the items.
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

May I make a suggestion here - whatever you do, make sure everything for testing is named in some way especially the phone chargers as my daughter's new charger went off never to be seen again!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Dymo tapes on the plug are good for this. We mark our plugs with what they are for, Sky, DVD player, XBox 360 etc. So if you want to take one out and plug in something else you can sort them out.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Kim2s70-77
Grecian

Post by Kim2s70-77 »

Ajarn Philip wrote:S
(I type from a place where such a thing would cause the entire country to grind to a halt!)
So do I!! The good ol' US of A!!! There would be rioting if asked to comply with that!!
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I have just come across this Topic -----------

BLEEDIN' 'ELL !!!!! :?