Best wishes to all the new second form

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Best wishes to all the new second form

Post by ailurophile »

The house seems horribly empty now the children are back at school… but on the plus side, at least I can get near the PC again!

I just want to send every good wish to Yada Yada, Lonelymom, KenHo, Jade and anyone else who has new ‘squits’ starting at CH on Wednesday. It’s an anxious time but remember that thousands have been through it before, and many of us will be thinking of you. I'm sure your children will all be happy and successful during their time at CH.
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Re: Best wishes to all the new second form

Post by Barnes Mum »

Best wishes and good luck to all the new ones from me too. Hope the day goes smoothly for all.........me included! All the other matrons and I will look after them all really well for you. :D
ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

Be prepared to miss them far more than they actual miss you.............
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

The bit I hate the most which never occured to me before it happened is in the Dining Hall. You are all sitting there with your child in uniform and they look so grown up and part of something else that you won't see everyday. All the parents have fixed smiles and are desperate to know what to say for the best and it goes too quickly. Then Mr Franklin stands up and says you must go but who will be first to get up? I walked out side with my son and watched him walk down the avenue with his nursemaid until they disappeared.
Hmmm now I have made myself fed up and everyones else. But it's OK. You have done the right thing.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

That's the bit I hate the most too. And when they tell you to try not to cry in front of your child - those words make everybody burst into tears! I remember wanting to get one last glimpse of my baby, then one more last glimpse, then one more etc etc. I'll be the same on Wednesday, I know I will, only this time when I get home it'll just be me and my husband here. I'm trying to remember what we used to have in common and what we used to talk about before we had kids :lol:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Oh so agree!

When my two started Dr Southern was head and I was SO unprepared for his words - "thank you for lending us your children and now it's time for you to go" - the second time I was ready and waiting and watching him but it was still so painful.

We took our two back on Sunday evening, came home, put the two youngest to bed and the house was deadly quiet - horrible, except there was no queue for the laptop :roll:

Good luck to all the little second formers starting tomorrow - it's still a fantastic school and I hope they are really happy.

x
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

lonelymom wrote: I'm trying to remember what we used to have in common and what we used to talk about before we had kids :lol:

Hmm, seems to me you should dig out the candles and open the wine, for... while there's music and moonlight and love and romance, you really should face the music and dance! :rolleyes:

Be careful, though! :lol:
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

Ajarn Philip wrote:
lonelymom wrote: I'm trying to remember what we used to have in common and what we used to talk about before we had kids :lol:

Hmm, seems to me you should dig out the candles and open the wine, for... while there's music and moonlight and love and romance, you really should face the music and dance! :rolleyes:

:lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: Steady Philip!!!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Ajarn Philip wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Philip, but no thanks! :lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I wish all you new parents of CH children well and look forward to your thoughts and reactions on here.

I now know I'm well past these troubled times.

Eldest grand-daughter just phoned, ecstatically to inform her much loved GD that she'd passed her driving-test !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Thank you all for the best wishes and the 'virtual' support........am excited and dreading it at the same time.....will try not to cry until the car park!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Yes, thanks everyone :D

YadaYada, I wish I had the strength to save it till the car park, but I know I'll be a blubbering wreck in the dining hall - I know because I was a blubbering wreck two years ago, and I'm already a blubbering wreck just thinking about tomorrow! :( But our kids are going to have a brilliant time and an excellent education and that's all that matters! :D :D :D
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Well, it was horrible!

My daughter and I cried before we left the house. We cried in the car. We were okay in the Boar's Head when we were eating, and even smiling when Peter Andre walked in (pwoar, he's well fit close up!!!) Then we were okay at CH, until the dining room bit, then we both cried again. Saying goodbye was horrible, I felt sick. And I cried on the way home! I'm not going to be seeing her on her birthday next week :(

But she looked fabulous in her uniform :D

I'm off to buy a bottle of wine now, I think I need it.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

lonelymom wrote:Well, it was horrible!

My daughter and I cried before we left the house. We cried in the car. We were okay in the Boar's Head when we were eating, and even smiling when Peter Andre walked in (pwoar, he's well fit close up!!!) Then we were okay at CH, until the dining room bit, then we both cried again. Saying goodbye was horrible, I felt sick. And I cried on the way home! I'm not going to be seeing her on her birthday next week :(

But she looked fabulous in her uniform :D

I'm off to buy a bottle of wine now, I think I need it.
I reckon you deserve it! :wine:

How long until you are allowed to visit or bring them home on a leave day?

Back in the dark ages of 1965 it was 3 weeks and then we had a Leave Day after Saturday morning school if memory serves me right. AKAP can hopefully confirm if he reads this.
Last edited by Mid A 15 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Momto2
Deputy Grecian

Post by Momto2 »

Aww Lonelymom, I really do feel for you all - have a big virtual (((((((hug))))))). Last year was the first time I didn't see my daughter on her birthday and it made me very sad but the house parents were excellent with celebrations etc and I'm sure your daughter will have a great time - will you be allowed to phone her?

I'm sure all the new little Squits will be fine but it is so hard at the beginning. My daughter who is now a GE rang me earlier and said how tiny they all looked :D

X

(do you mean the Boar's head just before you get to CH? What an odd place for Peter Andre to be if that's the pub you're talking about - always reminds me of the Hog's Head from the Harry Potter books)!