Individual House postcodes

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

IQ84
2nd Former

Individual House postcodes

Post by IQ84 »

I am aware that each house has its own unique postcode..does anyone know where I can find them? :)
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Re: Individual House postcodes

Post by Fjgrogan »

As far as I know it is not each individual house, but each group of houses (say half a dozen or so?) - at least that is how it works around here. I guess in more rural areas it might be each house. Sorry, I don't know how you would find them. I was quite alarmed the first time I was ordering something by phone and realised that if I quoted the postcode and the street number that was enough for them to quote back the rest of the address; however it did save a lot of spelling it out! There is obviously some sort of (possibly online) directory that companies use for this purpose.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

The royal mail website should help: www.royalmail.com. Click on Personal Customers, and then on Postcode Finder.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

IQ84 wrote:I am aware that each house has its own unique postcode..does anyone know where I can find them? :)
Do you mean each house at CH, as Col, Mid etc? If so yes, they do have individual postcodes. They are listed on pages 22 and 23 of your CH calender handbook (currently red). They are in the grey highlighted sections, above the phone numbers.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Quote ---- I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!! ( Richard Wilson)
Seperate Post Codes for each House at CH ?

I'm not sure if I ever got a letter, I must have done, but I'm sure it was addressed to me at BaB 35-- Christ's Hospital.Etc.

How things have changed --- ( I keep on saying that --- Shut Up -- you silly old fool !) :lol:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:Quote ---- I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!! ( Richard Wilson)

I'm not sure if I ever got a letter, I must have done, but I'm sure it was addressed to me at BaB 35-- Christ's Hospital.Etc.

How things have changed --- ( I keep on saying that --- Shut Up -- you silly old fool !) :lol:
It still would be addressed to you like that, Neill, but it would be Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0JA, whereas the other houses will be RH13 *** with an ever-so-slightly different postcode. I don't think things have changed that much, I guess the Post Office made the decision.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:Quote ---- I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!! ( Richard Wilson)

By the 1960's Sunday afternoon was letter writing for the juniors. We had to sit in the dayroom (just like prep, and pen a letter home.) I now realise that this may have been introduced as a reaction to Neil's lack of letters home :lol: .
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

My fond Mama still expects her CH educated children to write to her each Sunday, yes a letter in an envelope with a stamp. Her non-CH educated one doesn't write to her and has never been expected to do so.

I blame CH for this!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

I don't think I've ever recieved a 'proper' letter from any of my children, except from the youngest in her first week at CH when she was begging to come home! I think a quick text is just about the most they can manage these days, even the CH educated ones! :(
IQ84
2nd Former

Post by IQ84 »

Thanks Lonelymom and others for your help and advice..though with the Postal Strikes coming it may be faster to bring the letters up by pony and trap myself! Thanks a bunch anyway. :rock:
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

I seem to remember RH 13 7 LE for Peele B but I may be wrong...
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

I still remember House 2 at Hertford being SG14 1AY, which is tragic. (The remembering not the postcode!!)
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
fra828
Grecian

Post by fra828 »

gma wrote:I still remember House 2 at Hertford being SG14 1AY, which is tragic. (The remembering not the postcode!!)
I remember that postcode for 8's too, and for some reason it has been lodged in my memory for all these years also.....but I can't recall postcodes of any of my addresses since then, except or current one of course, which is strange....Always using the postcode must have been drummed into us at school.
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

lonelymom wrote: It still would be addressed to you like that, Neill, but it would be Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0JA, whereas the other houses will be RH13 *** with an ever-so-slightly different postcode. I don't think things have changed that much, I guess the Post Office made the decision.
Can someone please send a letter to Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0JA. Just for the amusement it would cause.

I might do it with a postcard. (after getting my informants in that house to watch for it)
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Eruresto wrote:
lonelymom wrote: It still would be addressed to you like that, Neill, but it would be Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0JA, whereas the other houses will be RH13 *** with an ever-so-slightly different postcode. I don't think things have changed that much, I guess the Post Office made the decision.
Can someone please send a letter to Neill the Notorious, Barnes B, Christ's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 0JA. Just for the amusement it would cause.

I might do it with a postcard. (after getting my informants in that house to watch for it)

Does a career in M.I.5. beckon, I ask myself ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.