read Testimony by Anita Shreve

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

MrsAverage
2nd Former

read Testimony by Anita Shreve

Post by MrsAverage »

I've just stayed up all night reading this novel about a (ficticious) scandalous incident at an American boarding school and would love to read other CH parents views of the book and it's themes. At first I wasn't sure if I could finish the book as the story feels very close to home as the parent of a DS in GE, but I found it gripping, well written and thought provoking. I'd like to think it could be read by the pupils as it would provoke much relevent discussion - but is it too adult? Unfortunately the English version has a feminine cover which totally belies the story inside and would deter most teenagers and men from opening it. However the story is very powerful and modern (published first in 2008) and I can't wait to discuss it with other CH parents, staff and students. I hasten to add that I have no knoweldge or concerns that any of the issues in the novel arise at CH.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: read Testimony by Anita Shreve

Post by J.R. »

I'll see if I can get a copy from our library service, and if so, I'll respond later.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.