School clothing - help!

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

stargazer
2nd Former

School clothing - help!

Post by stargazer »

My daughter is going to CH this September, and I'm sorting out her school clothes - but I've got a few problems. She needs black Doc Marten style shoes, but she's a size 13! We went to Broadbridges, but the smallest size was 3. I spent a long time on the internet seaching for shoes, but there's been no luck so far. Does anyone know where I can find size 13 (or 1, possibly 2?) school shoes? Hopefully she will grow 3 sizes by September :lol:! I've only bought one house polo shirt, is that enough? Is it all right for the astro shoes to be any colour? Are the white lace up trainers outdoor shoes or indoor shoes? And do they have to be totally white, or is it ok to have a bit of colour on them? Please help, I will be grateful for even the tiniest bit of help! Thanks a lot! :rolleyes:
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: School clothing - help!

Post by englishangel »

My, you do have a petite daughter. I took a 6 when I was 11. I have a friend and 10 years ago her then 11yo daughter took an adult size 10, problems at both ends of the range.

I am an expert websearcher and it is very difficult. All the smaller shoes seem to be Velcro unless they are very casual. It used to be a rite of passage that you learned to tie your laces, but no longer it seems.

I searched while letting this message sit here and this is the only thing I have come up with. Good luck

http://www.startriteshoes.com/childrens-shoes/girls
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Do you have a Brantano branch near you? They do a range of children's shoes.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

I found one black lace-up in size 13, here:
(rather expensive, sorry!)

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/enduses-is ... s-20332933
stargazer
2nd Former

Post by stargazer »

Thanks a lot for all your help and website links. I really do appreciate it. My DD has the tiniest feet in her class (obviously!). Some of her friends are size seven already! At the moment she's watching the football, so I'll ask her afterwards which pair of shoes she likes, because both links have good shoes. I hope that nobody will laugh at her tiny feet at CH! :lol:
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

why would anyone laugh at tiny feet? Are they out of proportion?

When I started at Hertford there were two very petite girls a year below me (there were about half a dozen year 5s still there - the last year that happened), Linda was 4'" and Jane about 3'11". No idea what size shoes they took though, and shoes were supplied by the school as it says in another (many other) thread.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

How I longed for small feet! Mine were 6 and-a-half at 11, 7 now. Dainty is wonderful!
stargazer
2nd Former

Post by stargazer »

My DD has a friend who used to have the same size feet as her, but she's size 2 now. It's not only her feet that are tiny. When we went to Broadbridges to sort out her clothing, her tracksuit bottoms were trailing on the ground, her hockey socks covered all of her legs and her polo shirt was like a dress! The assisstant laughed and said,"This is the littlest size, we don't sell them any smaller!" And we said,"We could use a tumble dryer to try and shrink them!" It was hilarious. Even the shop assisstant had a good laugh!
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Your DD will have to be adopted as the CH sports teams' mascot! :lol:
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I can't say that the best things come in small packages as MY DD is 5' 10" (size 7 feet so not too bad) but good things come in small packages, and if yours stays petite you won't have to buy her a double bed because she has outgrown her single one, and you don't (yet) have to pay VAT on her clothes/shoes.
stargazer
2nd Former

Post by stargazer »

anniexf wrote:Your DD will have to be adopted as the CH sports teams' mascot! :lol:
Maybe, because my DD can't play sports that well and will probably watch and cheer all the time!
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Hi, I had a bright idea about ebay, and on the first page I looked at there are 3 pairs of new black lace-ups in your DD's size - at under £10. There may well be more!

http://clothes.shop.ebay.co.uk/Girls-Sh ... 61c9f3bb30
stargazer
2nd Former

Post by stargazer »

anniexf wrote:Hi, I had a bright idea about ebay, and on the first page I looked at there are 3 pairs of new black lace-ups in your DD's size - at under £10. There may well be more!
Thank you very much, anniexf. Is it all right if the shoes are four eye?
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

stargazer wrote:I've only bought one house polo shirt, is that enough? Is it all right for the astro shoes to be any colour? Are the white lace up trainers outdoor shoes or indoor shoes? And do they have to be totally white, or is it ok to have a bit of colour on them? Please help, I will be grateful for even the tiniest bit of help! Thanks a lot! :rolleyes:
Hi. Yes, one house polo shirt is fine, very rarely worn except for house cup ties. The lace up trainers will be for both indoors and outdoors unless you're prepared to buy two pairs (I think that is supposed to happen, but nobody actually does!) and no, they don't have to be totally white.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

stargazer wrote: Thank you very much, anniexf. Is it all right if the shoes are four eye?
Yes, it really isn't as strict as it appears. Not everyone wears DMs, it's just that they tend to wear well and therefore they are outgrown rather than worn out. And I actually think they look much nicer than some of the other shoes that I've seen being worn.
lonelymom :rolleyes: