Anxious parents

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 pm
Real Name: Sally Slade
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Anxious parents

Post by SAS » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 am

A friend of mine was on the reserve list last year and got in. I think it was late March when they heard, ie., after the state school places had been awarded. Someone probably got into the state school they wanted so turned down the CH place. There will also be children doing scholarships to private schools who may then refuse the CH place if successful. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Lauradee
2nd Former
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 am
Real Name: Dominique Laura Shaw

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Lauradee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 am

Thank you for your reply I guess there is still some hope then! Myself and my son were totally devastated as he had his sights set on going so much and our other options are limited to say the least!!

wurzel
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Real Name: Ian
Location: Reading

Re: Anxious parents

Post by wurzel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:47 am

I know it is a small reserve list as our "No" letter said there was a "very limited reserve list" and he was not on it.

Lauradee
2nd Former
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 am
Real Name: Dominique Laura Shaw

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Lauradee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Well that is encouraging however I am trying to be realistic and dont think I will tell my son that as not to get his hopes up again!!!

Lauradee
2nd Former
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 am
Real Name: Dominique Laura Shaw

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Lauradee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:25 pm

PS. Sorry to hear that yours was a no!!! :(

User avatar
Great Plum
Button Grecian
Posts: 5173
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:59 am
Real Name: Matt Holdsworth
Location: Reigate

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Great Plum » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Moving back to communication, when I lived in the boarding house on my Grecians, I often wouldn't contact or see my parents for days at a time despite both of them working at the school!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99

User avatar
Mrs C.
Button Grecian
Posts: 2300
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 pm
Real Name: Janet Chandler
Location: C.H.

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Mrs C. » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:41 pm

I hardly ever saw my girls either, particularly as Grecians when they could board.
If we wanted to catch them we had to go to lunch parade and hope they`d come back out of dining hall for a chat - which they usually did if we had the dog with us!
Now and again they`d pop home for clothes (usually for someone else to wear!) or fancy dress items for theme nights
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.

Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Barnes Mum » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 pm

I don't think I see my daughter any more than if I wasn't staff either. Although she still boards rather than comes home to sleep, she prefers to be with her friends and be the same as they are. I'm consantly reminded that she's been visiting my flat by the mess and empty fridge though! And of course she's in a privileged position of being able to come and grab stuff or send me an order when she's running low on tuck. (I swear I actually supply to most of her house! And she's not the only one that sends me frequently to Sainsburys either. :wink: )

lonelymom
Button Grecian
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent

Re: Anxious parents

Post by lonelymom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Barnes Mum wrote:I don't think I see my daughter any more than if I wasn't staff either. Although she still boards rather than comes home to sleep, she prefers to be with her friends and be the same as they are. I'm consantly reminded that she's been visiting my flat by the mess and empty fridge though! And of course she's in a privileged position of being able to come and grab stuff or send me an order when she's running low on tuck. (I swear I actually supply to most of her house! And she's not the only one that sends me frequently to Sainsburys either. :wink: )
:oops: :roll: :oops: :roll:
lonelymom :rolleyes:

Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: Anxious parents

Post by Barnes Mum » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 pm

lonelymom wrote:
Barnes Mum wrote:I don't think I see my daughter any more than if I wasn't staff either. Although she still boards rather than comes home to sleep, she prefers to be with her friends and be the same as they are. I'm consantly reminded that she's been visiting my flat by the mess and empty fridge though! And of course she's in a privileged position of being able to come and grab stuff or send me an order when she's running low on tuck. (I swear I actually supply to most of her house! And she's not the only one that sends me frequently to Sainsburys either. :wink: )
:oops: :roll: :oops: :roll:
Shhhhh! :D :wink: x

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian
Posts: 9395
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:34 pm
Real Name: Kerren Simmonds
Location: West Sussex

Re: Anxious parents

Post by kerrensimmonds » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Sainsburys Online - direct to them at the Boarding House?
Might make them think again?!
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966

lonelymom
Button Grecian
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent

Re: Anxious parents

Post by lonelymom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Would that be with Barnes Mum's debit card?
lonelymom :rolleyes:

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian
Posts: 9395
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:34 pm
Real Name: Kerren Simmonds
Location: West Sussex

Re: Anxious parents

Post by kerrensimmonds » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966

sejintenej
Button Grecian
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:19 pm
Real Name: David Brown
Location: Essex

Re: Anxious parents

Post by sejintenej » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 pm

kerrensimmonds wrote:Sainsburys Online - direct to them at the Boarding House?
Might make them think again?!
Unless you have had them all investigated by the police how do the drivers get through security at the gates? For that matter how do the postmen get in? Surely the place is supposed to be as secure as Stalag Luft 5
:twisted: :twisted:

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian
Posts: 9395
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:34 pm
Real Name: Kerren Simmonds
Location: West Sussex

Re: Anxioe seus parents

Post by kerrensimmonds » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 pm

:axe: :P :shock: :shock:
Supposed to be secure?
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest