Can you recommend a tutor in Brighton / Lewes

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

PapaElsie
2nd Former

Can you recommend a tutor in Brighton / Lewes

Post by PapaElsie »

Hi. Am applying for little one to enter CH yr 11. I'm looking for a tutor, preferably based in Brighton / Lewes or nearby who could help engage her enthusiasm for learning. I'm thinking a couple of hours on a Saturday morning: Maths / English / Science. Any recommendations, specific or otherwise? Would like to start ASAP.

Thanks x
proudmum
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Can you recommend a tutor in Brighton / Lewes

Post by proudmum »

My daughter, who is now in 3rd form was lucky enough to get extra tutoring at her school. Our school was extremely supportive of our application to CH, and I personally enquired about whether any teacher within the school would be prepared to tutor my daughter with certain things that she was unsure about. We were extremely fortunate that a well respected and personable teacher offered us one to one tuition once a week, for about 6 weeks prior to the residential stay/exams in Jan 2009.....The rest is history, a very happy, settled daughter in her second year at CH! I am now thinking about my son who is in yr 4 at primary school, and his twin sisters of 6 yrs who are in yr 2........Will CH be for them?
P.S We bought her a xmas hamper as a very big THANK YOU for all of her help and support.