sock ties and other miscellaneous queries

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: sock ties and other miscellaneous queries

Post by lonelymom »

I can't really answer that because neither of my girls have ever really used the laundry, apart from white pe tops, which is all they will happily have washed at school. Both were put off the first time they put their towels down to be washed and they came back bleach-stained. I think things are put on a fairly hot wash so unless the clothes can stand up to that then there might be a problem. I think most clothes are fairly robust nowdays, but I guess the only way to find out is by trial and error. I'm sure it'll be okay though. And losing the odd top over the course of a year has to beat leave weekend mania of trying to wash, dry and iron 3 weeks' worth of clothes! :roll:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I have bought about 5/6 plain v neck t shirts (BHS sale £1.80 - £3 each) all of which say they can be tumble dried and DS is happy to wear! I will also include 3 pairs of jeans, a couple of plain long sleeved t shirts (also tumble dryable) and 2 plainish hoodies.

I am not sending anything with printed stuff on it.

Seeing as he's just back from 1 weeks scout camp and wore; 2 t shirts, 1 pair of shorts and 1 pair of tracksuit bottoms all week, (I won't mention how many pairs of pants as it's embarassing) I think I may be sending too much!
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

My son has "normal" boys clothes and everything has been fine in CH laundry. As previously mentioned as long as it can withstand a reasonably hot wash I am sure it will be fine. However I wouldn't send anything too delicate or expensive just in case - normal clothes are fine
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Thanks... :)