Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.
- 2nd Former
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:55 pm
- Real Name: Katie Douglass
I have been advised by the Admissions Office to write to the City of London Corporation to see if they would 'present' my daughter for entry into Year 7 2012. I've read through the excellent advice on this forum, but I'm still very confused as to what I should do. I wondered if there are any other parents who have been through this process who can offer some advice.
My main questions are:
1. When I write to the Town Clerks office at the City of London Corporation, am I just writing to enquire about whether there are any presentations, and how to apply; or is my letter the application?
2. If my letter is the application, then what am I supposed to write?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
- Deputy Grecian
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:56 pm
- Real Name: Chris Blewett
- Location: Over (Cambridge)
Katie....I have no knowledge personally but I have found the Corporation staff really helpful if you ring them and speak to them first on different matters. They usually chat quite nicely and off the record - you may find this approach helpful!
LHB, Th A 1968-Xmas 73
Pax et Bonum
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
- Button Grecian
- Posts: 2612
- Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:01 pm
- Real Name: NEILL PURDIE EVANS
The Parish of St. Sepulchre's (Ex CH Territory) presented 3 scholars, by competitive examination, in the 40s.----this was how I got to CH.
I don't know if they still do, but it may be only for children whose Parent, or Parents work in the Parish.
Worth a try !