New parent seeking contacts

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Fairy
Deputy Grecian

New parent seeking contacts

Post by Fairy »

I have recently received news that my dd has been accepted into CH in September 2011 (3rd form) and would love to make contact with other parents with children in the same year and any other parents / OB's who can offer words of wisdom!
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: New parent seeking contacts

Post by cupcakemom »

Welcome to the fold, Fairy! My daughter starts in September too. I'm new to this CH lark myself - but have found this forum and its members to be of great support in many ways. It's quite a journey we are all undertaking - ourselves as well as our children ... sometimes very exciting and sometimes very scary ... but I've every faith that it will be a very worthwhile one! Are you going to the New Entrants Day on Sunday? My daughter can't wait - my bank balance can, however!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Fairy wrote:I have recently received news that my dd has been accepted into CH in September 2011 (3rd form) and would love to make contact with other parents with children in the same year and any other parents / OB's who can offer words of wisdom!
Congratulations Fairy Mom, you must be relieved that all the waiting and stress is over.
Congratulations also in finding this fount of all knowledge Housie.
I suggest that you make yourself a pot of tea (or a pitcher of dry martini if that is your bent) and start reading the posts on here. You will even find a search engine because most if not all your questions have already been asked and (probably with a little hilarity) answered. However, feel free to ask your questions and stand back for the replies.

Me? I'm just one of the old fogeys around here but welcome anyway.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Welcome to the Forum! My son is currently in the 3rd form. Happy to help if you need anything specific. There's lots of useful stuff on here :)
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Hello and welcome, it's quite a steep learning curve, but everyone here is so friendly and helpful :D

My son starts in Sept too.
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Fairy wrote:I have recently received news that my dd has been accepted into CH in September 2011 (3rd form) and would love to make contact with other parents with children in the same year and any other parents / OB's who can offer words of wisdom!
Congratulations! What house will your daughter be going into? If your daughter is on facebook, msn or twitter etc suggest that she writes down her user names on pieces of paper to give to other girls she meets on New Entrants Day, so that she can get to know them a bit.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Welcome to the forum, my son will be a third former in September having completed his first year at CH. If there is anything you need to know - please ask!
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Wow, am amazed at all the posts already! Thank you! x DD will be starting in Thornton A and yes I will be at the new entrants day on Sunday! I must confess have spent the entire day reading posts but I still have so many questions! What a wonderful group of people you are. x
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Welcome Fairy, delighted to hear your news.

May I urge a word of caution in your reading of this forum. Some of us are Old Blues and share our memories of a very different CH, please don't take fright at some of our stories! We have been assured time and time again that things are different nowadays - for one thing girls speak to boys without being subject to disciplinary action! (That was Hertford in the 60s not Horsham now)
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Hello Fairy, my dd is going into 2nd form in Col A in September. She is getting incredibly excited about Sunday already !
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Thank you Katharine, duly noted!

Atticus, look forward to seeing you there on Sunday we are both excited and nervous (as we can both be a bit shy!). I am short with untameable curly red hair DD is slightly taller with dark blonde hair - come and say hello! x
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Dd has just received an envelope from the school covered in little stars - hopefully from her nursemaid :-)

... And I have a welcome letter with her housenumber. Off to broadbridges this afternoon to order the cash's labels !!
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Yes we got one too but no house number so can't order the labels yet! Am hoping they do online orders as we live 3.5 hours away! Forgive my ignorance but where / what is broadbridges? do I need to book another trip down?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Yes you can order name tags on line, Broadbridges are the local school uniform supplier, I think they'll be there on Sunday, you can order stuff from them and they deliver it to the school (I think!)
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Thank you all, it's lovely to get so much support and am looking forward to meeting all those going on Sunday - I feel far less alone! :D (although still somewhat in a headspin! :rolleyes: )