Change of presentations for 2012?

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

kittykat
3rd Former

Change of presentations for 2012?

Post by kittykat »

I've just been advised by the Admissions Office that presentations are now determined AFTER the initial OCTOBER assessments, this is different to what I understood (I had earlier this year been told that they'd let people know by the end of April and that assessments were in November) so just wanted to draw attention to it for those who didn't know this... though another poster has already been advised how to apply for a presentation Year 7 2012 entry, so it seems all the more confusing :?

I am concerned that this allows for cherry-picking of the very brightest children to present rather than those who may require boarding education on the basis of social need... Anyone shed any light on this? And, indeed, does it even matter which way round CH do it? Does that advantage some/disadvantage others?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: Change of presentations for 2012?

Post by pinkhebe »

I don't know if it matters, the children have to pass the initial assessment whatever.
FWIW when I looked through the presentations they were very specific, ie a twin girl who was very musical living in Walthamstow (a made up example) and none of them applied to my son.

What do the Presentors (?) do anyway?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: Change of presentations for 2012?

Post by pinkhebe »

Actually I think I'm getting confused with the 'historic methods of entry' which also didn't apply to us :D