The Morning After

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: The Morning After

Post by lonelymom »

Love it! I'm so glad she's doing okay :)
lonelymom :rolleyes:
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

It has been lovely reading this thread

but, my dd hasnt been in contact. I emailed her chirpily a couple of times in case she got a little homesick (her house parent gave us our girls email addresses before we left).

I have been getting more and more quiet and ratty as today has gone on, so phoned her houseparent. She's fine! very talkative, tricked them into leaving her bunk light on ( thats stopping tonight as its bothering the others in her dorm :D )

There is a party for all 2nd form tonight followed by a scouts type led activity if theyre not tired. Lots of sport, lots of prep, and they have been very, very busy.

I have been asking asking her old school friends how they are getting on when I see them - Probably I just really need to hear from her ( I know, no news is good news...). Hopefully she will make contact soon :D
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Atticus wrote: ( I know, no news is good news...). Hopefully she will make contact soon :D
I gave my son a stamped addressed envelope, and we got a letter today (probably the first and last letter!) The uniform is itchy but he's sure he'll get used to it, the food is lovely and he's very well fed :lol:

I hope everyone hears from their squits soon.

(I'm not sure how people worked out the email address, I don't think my son's was obvious, but I suppose there must be a method!)
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

The Morning After

Post by cupcakemom »

Had an e-mail this afternoon "there's a party ... It will be loud music ... I don't want to go, I hate loud music but the Deps say I have to ... Mummy, what do I do?" told her to go to Matron and explain loud music distresses her (which it does) but at the end of the day it's an hour and she's no idea if there will be music or not and she's unlikely to die ... I'm chuffed to bits to get this ... I'm not getting "I hate it, I want to come home, I miss you" ... just some soppy stuff about a potential disco!

Guys - for those of you who have yet to hear - take heart - they're clearly not desperate to tell you they want to come home, hate every second, etc. Easy for me to say, I know ... My dd e-mailed her sister last night with "this is cool, that is wicked" but no response to my e-mail asking if she's eating properly, etc!!

All's well!!

Hang on in there.
LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Post by LongGone »

pinkhebe wrote:
Atticus wrote: ( I know, no news is good news...). Hopefully she will make contact soon :D
I gave my son a stamped addressed envelope, and we got a letter today (probably the first and last letter!)

Ah, back in the day we all had to sit down every Sunday morning after Chapel and write home. The content was typically minimal, but it supposedly reassured parents that we were alive.
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I have a disco-hater too! Can't stand loud music - he is supposed to wear hearing aids but doesn't very often because he either gets feedback or static.

Anyway, he certainly doesn't cope well with loud noises when he can't hear what people are saying.

I remember so well exactly the same conversation when he didn't want to go to the first one and being told he had to. Rest assured that there are plenty of other students who don't go. I think he only ever went the once.

I remember 2 years ago people telling us here on the forum that we shouldn't worry as our children were having a great time. I don't think it helped at the time because I was in bits. What helped was allowing myself to cry/sleep/eat/drink/shout....whatever I felt like doing. I KNEW he was fine.....it was me that was the problem!
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

At last an email - 7 words. :-)

Back to painting the stairs I suppose
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

Great news, Atticus! My dd sent a brief e-mail this morning - no mention of yesterday's party and her trauma over attending - she's clearly survived! She said she had to tidy her room then they're off to the beach! She's a skinny little thing - I hope they tether her in these winds!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Don't worry the weather is pretty good down this way at the moment although I can't imagine there will be any paddling! :D
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Beach? CH has a beach?
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

It'll be Littlehampton, probably. There is usually a Second Form outing on the first Sunday :)
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Or Goring - there is a brilliant cafe for fish and chips, but there is slightly more sand at Littlehampton ;-)

Well, I saw dd today, in Horsham park ( we were there for a BBC event). She is absolutely fine, homesick for 5 mins one day, then snapped out of it by the other 2nd formers, and even if she hasn't emailed much to me, she has written to a friend and her grandma. I needed the hug though!

They are so talkative and having such a great time :-)))
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

Just had an update call from the house DD doing well, they're settling in nicely and having a fab time. No real specifics however it sounded like the whole form are far too busy and having far to much fun to be worry about their oldies!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Glad to hear they are all settling in.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Has anyone heard if Volupturaptor's daughter has recovered from her tummy upset? I do hope she was able to join in all the fun.