calculator still not arrived

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

I ordered dd's calculator through the school back at the end of April, and it still hasnt arrived, which has caused problems for her in her maths lessons.

Do I buy one this afternnon for her in town, or who do I contact at school?

(The scarf I also ordered also hasnt arrived ( but thats not as urgent))

Thank you is advance...
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: calculator still not arrived

Post by lonelymom »

That happened with my eldest too, and in fact the calculators were all given out to everyone by matron, and she didn't get hers. I had to query it, and was then told that my cheque was lost, but when I checked with the bank it had actually been cashed. I told whoever it was that was processing the orders (can't remember the name now) and was told that she would be given one, although she only ever received the cheaper battery one, when I had paid for the solar one. Ho hum... :? Check whether your cheque has been cashed, if it has then ring the school office. If you paid cash then still check with the office.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

This all sounds highly unsatisfactory, especially when the specified calculators can be purchased easily and more cheaply in the high street (I picked one up in Asda only recently for £5). If I were in your shoes Atticus, I'd be inclined to buy a calculator this weekend and ask CH for your money back; I don't really think they're in any position to argue!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

:offtopic: Atticus, What on earth did your dd bring home this weekend? My son came out with a small rucksack with his toiletry bag and a book in!
blackbox123
2nd Former

Post by blackbox123 »

pinkhebe wrote::offtopic: Atticus, What on earth did your dd bring home this weekend? My son came out with a small rucksack with his toiletry bag and a book in!
My brother came home empty handed! Not even a jacket. He has taken tuck, phone, and a pair of civvie trainers.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

School scarves are being knitted, , i believe - delays in wool supply over the summer.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mrs C. wrote:School scarves are being knitted, , i believe - delays in wool supply over the summer.

Probably lazy sheep ?

:lol:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

My DD came home with 1 bag with only homework in and went back with 5 bags (tuck, and various bits she "needed" from home)!
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

My dd came home with two bags of washing (she's been told not to trust school laundry with ANYTHING) and her school bag with a bit of "voluntary" homework in. She's gone back with 2 bags of clean ironed clothes, a huge bag of tuck plus some stationery supplies in her school bag!

She was up early both days (blamed her body clock), caught up with Sims and bickered with her sister ... Apart from the early starts - it was business as usual.

She cried all the way back to school though ...
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Homework? Dd didn't mention any, but she did bring the entire contents of her desk home. We spent a large part of Saturday buying stationery supplies - including a calculator. Willtry to find out what happened to the other one this week.

She had a lovely leave weekend - perhaps too lovely as we left her limpet like, and in floods of tears. I'm sure she'll be fine after Latin though. Unlike her mother, she loves it!

Have just realised that non of her unlabelled socks came home to be washed.

Does anyone know when lost property is open - dd has hopefully got something in there !
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Ds was sick a couple of times during the last week (thanks Matron Brown/Lewis for dealing with the sheets at 4am) and missed a couple of lessons, so he had to bring a small piece of english prep home because his friend in that class forgot to tell him about it! But he went off quite happily to complete it (normally any homework is completed with the maxium amount of fuss and procrastination!) So CH seems to instilled a sense of good work ethics (or a sense of fear!).

He had lost his key fob, so had to pay £3.50 for a new one, however, it turned up on our sofa! Obviously fell out of his hoodie :lol: but he has taken back 2 of those straps to hang things around his head, so hopefully he has a spare now.

We had to go away on Saturday for a family party, so not much relaxation was had, but he was happy to go back.

It was lovely to have him back, and I have a copy of his timetable, so i know what he's up to :lol: although he says that he only has about half an hour a day of spare time!
Last edited by pinkhebe on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

[quote="pinkhebe"]

he has taken back 2 of those straps to hang things around his head[quote="pinkhebe"]

Please clarify - is this a new craze? :?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

anniexf wrote:
pinkhebe wrote:
he has taken back 2 of those straps to hang things around his head
pinkhebe wrote:
Please clarify - is this a new craze? :?
Possibly I meant, straps to hang things around his neck :lol:
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

pinkhebe wrote:Possibly I meant, straps to hang things around his neck :lol:
Aha! Now I get it ...sorry, I should have twigged! :oops:
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

May I suggest "lanyard"?!