The Blue

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Re: The Blue

Post by dinahcat »

It is nice when your child has a photo or a mention but as a product The Blue is exceptional;I think it has improved since the first one I received six years ago. I particularly like the emphasis on community action near and far and the space given to the children's writing .My eldest had several mentions, second one mentioned for existing and third one mentioned for being in symphony orchestra.None of it actually sums the up the whole of them but the Blue can't do that. It's an amazing snapshot of a ridiculously full and rich life . The big events have to be celebrated and enjoyed ; no one thinks they are the whole story but only a few can be singled out. I think that even if none of my children were ever mentioned again ( and that is a strong possibility!) The Blue is a remarkable thing and if there was an award for school magazines(?) it would have to win.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Ineedacoffee wrote:Dearest Volupturaptor, surely you saw the happy pic of our lovely girls on page 97?
Very impressive I must say...very much a coffee table book...I only wish we had a coffee table to put it on!
Nope, but I have now! :D
Ok, I admit it, I had only had a quick look before posting about it. :oops:
I have a coffee table, but I can't put coffee on it...
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

I think "The Blue" is excellent and I am really enjoying reading it.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I also really enjoyed reading it (in the minor injuries unit no less!)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I still havent had time to read it yet.

This weather is playing havoc with footy-fixtures !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

I've not read it properly but did look at the Joe Launchbury interview as he has a mention elsewhere on the forum.

I'm always very impressed with The Blue.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Pibble
3rd Former

Post by Pibble »

I was very excited about getting our first 'The Blue' as new parents we'd spent a lot of time flicking through the online versions of the back copies once we knew our DD had got in. In that lull between finding out she'd got in and her actually going the magazine made the whole experience seem a little more tangible and gave us a wonderful insight in to what our DD would be up to.

If I'm honest I'm a little gutted that she isn't mentioned in the mag, but I didn't really expect her to be in there. All said it is a great read and worth a flick through and our copy will be doing the rounds with relatives very shortly.

On another note, I don't want to hijack the thread but a magazine for the Horsham area recently did an article about CH and I'll post a link on its own thread for those who would be interested. My DD got her piccie in that article and there are some great pictures :D some of which, I think, might be a stock image for the new prospectus..

Paul
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Mid A 15 wrote:
I'm always very impressed with The Blue.
Me too. Mine arrived yesterday so I've not done more than flick through it, but it looks terrific. Well done to the production team!
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

The blue was an excellent read, and I even thought I caught my dd's name in the house roundup, until I realised it was a dep by the same name :oops:

I'll hope for a mention next year, but she'll be pleased to see some of her friends in the art day project on pg 97
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

I thoroughly enjoyed looking through mine. I loved the Art Day projects described, both the one with the House collages and the Pompeii one. I did wonder which girls were the DDs of our posters!

Along with all the other OBs of a certain age, I am sure, the more I looked at it, the more I thought it is all so different from the CH I remember, but the pupils and staff seem to insist it is still truly CH and nothing else can match it.

Do I gather that there were two successive female Senior Grecians? If so, that seems to show true equality, no rigid alternating boys and girls, but the best candidate each year.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Katharine wrote:
Along with all the other OBs of a certain age, I am sure, the more I looked at it, the more I thought it is all so different from the CH I remember, but the pupils and staff seem to insist it is still truly CH and nothing else can match it.
I think school has changed full stop since we were at school, Ch couldn't stay stuck in the past but has moved with the times. As a parent, I have noticed that CH is very different from the local secondary school (in a good way) and I'm very pleased with all aspects of the school (so far, 5 months in!)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Eventually got round to reading it at length last night - Excellent !

Shame about the record of the various CH Association Football teams.

What was it I used to get on every report ??

Arr Yes....

'MUST DO BETTER' !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

[quote="Katharine"]I thoroughly enjoyed looking through mine. I loved the Art Day projects described, both the one with the House collages and the Pompeii one. I did wonder which girls were the DDs of our posters![quote]

I'm not shy, my daughter is in the bottom right corner of the photo that is in the bottom left corner of page 97, wearing grey. :)
I'll take "The Blue" with me when I go to see her at the weekend, so that she can see it. :D
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Congratulations to all those involved in the production of The Blue - it's a fantastic publication and I love seeing all the activities and opportunities that are going on at CH. Reminds me every time it arrives how proud I am that my DS is part of it.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Congratulations to all those involved in the production of The Blue - it's a fantastic publication and I love seeing all the activities and opportunities that are going on at CH. Reminds me every time it arrives how proud I am that my DS is part of it.