The Blue

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

The Blue

Post by Volupturaptor »

Is it worth £7?
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Re: The Blue

Post by lonelymom »

Yes :D It's good quality, full of information, lots of photos, news about each house (and your child will get a mention), and it's lovely to keep. It's not a little magazine by any means! It's worth every penny, in my opinion.
lonelymom :rolleyes:
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Definitely :)
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

I agree!
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Yes I agree it is excellent and well worth having, you will enjoy reading it.
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

Absolutely worth it! It's a very impressive publication! Not what I would call a "school magazine" by any stretch of the imagination!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Thank-you! :D
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

Well, it's arrived. It is big, glossy and interesting. But the current second form doesn't appear to exsist for it, the only second formers I can find mentioned are now 3rd formers. Quite disappointed about that... :(
vanilladash
2nd Former

Post by vanilladash »

That's because it covers the last academic year, not this one.
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

I was looking forward to it...........everyone in my DS form was mentioned. He is a third former now. I am very very disappointed as he plays rugby and has won a few games with his mates who were all mentioned. Acadamically he has also achieved excellent high grades and nothing was mentioned. My daughter is very sad. :(
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

I meant to say my son was not mentioned.I guess I am a bit emotional, all the third formers are a close bunch of friends and only my son was left out. I feel very sad.
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

vanilladash wrote:That's because it covers the last academic year, not this one.
Which ended... Ooh... Six months ago?

I'm sure the creation of this fine publication is a mammoth task, but surely they could put it out a little quicker than that..?
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

I am the school editor of the Blue, so i thought I would add my thoughts.

First, I hope that you like the magazine. It is a mammoth task putting it together.

Second, it does cover the year 2010/11 but includes a few events that occur from September 2010. As a result we do not start to put it together until late September. We set ourselves a 12 week window to get it done. It was ready in December but we were delayed this year due to illness so decided to miss the Christmas post and send it in early January.

It is impossible to ensure that every child is mentioned by name. In an ideal world that would be great but sadly not practical. Sorry about that! Take heart however that he or she may appear in the next 6 editions and in fact we are putting more photos on the web version so he/she may feature in them.
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

Thanks onewestguncopse,all sorts of things have been going on in my mind,but like you said it will not be possible to get everyones name mentioned or photographed.I look forward to an edition with my son's photo in though :D :) Just for me to keep.
Ineedacoffee
3rd Former

Post by Ineedacoffee »

Dearest Volupturaptor, surely you saw the happy pic of our lovely girls on page 97?
Very impressive I must say...very much a coffee table book...I only wish we had a coffee table to put it on!