Leave weekends

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Leave weekends

Post by Volupturaptor »

ailurophile wrote:My DS reports that from September all pupils will be allowed to go home on any weekend after Saturday lessons; he's rather taken with the idea of spending every Sunday at home with long lie-ins, no chapel and mum's home cooking! (Of course, he doesn't seem to have considered the additional cost of weekly travel in this happy scheme!).

Has anyone else's DC mentioned this? I'm wondering if DS might be confused with the introduction of weekly boarding?
*Groan...Sigh....*

I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I really hope he's wrong...
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

My DS confirms this has been announced. But he doesn't see it as something for him and is happy to stick with the 3-weekly Leave Weekends.

It's probably more for local children and is clearly another ploy to pull in more local children who they presumably hope will pay more fees.

If lots do take this up though it's going to mean quite a big change at the school on a Saturday night/Sunday.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

My son has not mentioned it, I shall ask him. However last term we were discussing this matter and he said that he would miss the weekends at school if he came home. We live fairly close to CH and thus far my son has very rarely come out on a Sunday afternoon as he prefers to stay with his friends at school. I expect therefore that this will be the same with coming home for the weekends. I suspect that most existing pupils will carry on much as before, however it may change the dynamic quite a lot in the future. I would also imagine it will open the appeal of the school up to a much larger number of local applicants, (from all walks of life ). In the early days we were very nervous of the full boarding aspect of CH as it was not something we had previously considered for our son. However having now experienced it, for us and our son, it does seem to work well!