New Entrants'Day

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: New Entrants'Day

Post by lippizaner »

What is the Peele festival of Arts then? I am intrigued!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Sadly, i am none the wiser as I only have dialup, due to living in a zone blanche in France where there is no broadband. So I still don't know what it is. I need a verbal explanation please.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

In the past few years they have taken a really popular song like the Cha Cha Slide and the funky version of Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and then filmed all the Peele students and staff, and other staff and students doing the moves, and then cleverly cut it together to make a really fun, slick music video.

Always great to see the students really enjoying themselves and showing off their skills at the same time.

You REALLY have to watch the links CHDAD posted next time you are in the UK - or other broadband area!
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

That sounds like fun.
When I come over for NED I shall go to my son's house and watch them there! I have four grown up children too you see.
Thanks for the explanation.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

They are worth watching, I have seen them countless times but still enjoy them. Every time I watch them it makes me even more certain that CH is a fantastic school for our children to be going to (as if I need convincing)!
ScottLidgettLad
2nd Former

Post by ScottLidgettLad »

Hi All
Todays NED was a wonderful experience, thanks to all the lads & staff of Mid B
DS was again enchanted by the whole of CH and is Soooo looking forward to the start of Michelmas Term.
The Housemasters and Matrons were a huge source of reassurance.

Does anyone know when or where we can expect Housey uniforms to arrive ?
I suppose the next time we will be on campus will actually be the 1st day of the 1st term!!!!!!!!
I'm begining to believe it's really going to happen :shock:

Incidentally has anyone heard back from the Foundation re: fees/contributions yet??

Hope your journeys weren't too effected by the weather
Best Wishes
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

How lovely to hear you had a great day. They will get the housey on the day they start. They try it on, show matron and if it does not fit right, you go to wardrobe straight away to get it adjusted. If I remember right, with all your paperwork there is a form to fill out your child's measurements in the last few weeks of August, so it is as accurate as possible.
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

We too had a great time on NED. Our DS was off with his mentor and we hardly saw him! Got him measured for his shirt etc. The house (Peele A) seems great as do the house staff. We read one worked in conservation before coming to CH so DS was overjoyed about that. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and despite the rain, the wind and the cold a good time was had by all. We got home today, exhausted, and DS is even more excited about September than he was before.