New Entrants'Day

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: New Entrants'Day

Post by lippizaner »

Mine is not too good at getting up in the mornings. I can't see him managing to get up in time to take a shower! In fact, I can visualise him going into breakfast still in his pyjamas!
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

You would be surprised how much they change. My son now wakes up at 6am at school (not at home though), in fact I keep telling him not to get up so early, I never thought I would be telling a teenager that!!!
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Mine seems to have been a teenager for ages. In fact, I think he went straight from the terrible twos in to being a teenager as regards getting up etc and getting washed (and tooth brushed).
Do you know, I am REALLY looking forward to the civilising influence of CH.
I fight a running battle on the tooth brushing front.
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Ah - tooth brushing is another matter, he may have a clean body but he still doesn't believe his teeth need cleaning.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I WAS going to make one of my 'funnys' about TOOTH brush, but decided to BITE my tongue.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

There is so much support from the school, especially from the wonderful matrons, and their new house mates, that looking after themselves happens very quickly, and naturally. At some stage, showering and teeth cleaning will become important :wink: and tidy stuff = rewards, and untidy stuff = more trades ..
And I'm surprisingly well trained in name label sewing, sock tie stitching, mailing emergency tuck, and rapid laundry turnaround :lol:
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

:lol: Being a Matron I'm finding this thread so amusing to read through!!! Trust me, it doesn't take long for most of the little ones to get organised! :D
Ineedacoffee
3rd Former

Post by Ineedacoffee »

Barnes Mum! Are you a mum to a dd in Barnes B? What year? What house are you a matron to? how great for your dd! My dd is in Barnes A. Amazed by matrons. Feel so inept in comparison.
Like having 40 daughters.! :)
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Or 40 sons. What a nightmare that would be!
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

My dd is actually in Barnes A in the GE, my oldest daugter was also in Barnes A. I am a Matron in one of the other girls houses, Matrons look after the whole block so both sides of the house - 90 girls! :D
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Matrons are angels.

Enough said!
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by cupcakemom »

I found the change in my dd quite staggering! Despite her bedroom at home regularly looking like it's been burgled - she takes great pride in her area in her dorm! She now sorts her own washing when she gets home for a leave weekend and volunteers to shower! The Barnes matrons have worked wonders!
Never underestimate the power of a Mummy!
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Do they have to do chores in house? I hope so.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Yes they do. Different systems in different houses but they definitely do. They are called Trades. Well, they are in my DS's house.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

My son got the prize for the most untidy room/area in his house last term and was on regular civvie ban :oops: I think he's only been on civvies ban once this term :D