cricket stuff

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

cricket stuff

Post by pinkhebe »

So Son has come home and has no idea what cricket stuff (if any) he needs for next term. He also doesn't know if he is in a school team yet. Do they need anything other than a cricket box?
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Re: cricket stuff

Post by YadaYada »

DS has 2 pairs of cricket trousers and a sleeveless jumper. He just wears the ordinary white polo shirts. Not in any teams though so don't know if that is enough. He just wears ordinary trainers.

I have 1 pair of cricket trousers you could have if you like - the label says size medium boys to fit waist 27/28", leg length 29". They aren't hemmed. Good condition. They'll go to Matron for the Thrift Shop anyway :) Let me know :)
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

We went today after we picked up DS. They had all the stuff in Grecian's club. We bought trousers, shirt, jumper, box, pants. White tshirts / polos are fine for training. Slightly embarrassing moment when the assistant asked DS; 'do you think this box is big enough?' YES!!!! :oops:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Is it crested stuff? I did ask DS whether we should go, but I think he just wanted to go home!

as an aside, I'm slightly cross that he's come home with 2 broken school bags, no pencil case + contents, no calculator and no scout shirt! (all named), but apart from the scout shirt which I hope will make it's way back to him, I suspect we won't see the rest of his stuff! Where does it go?
Last edited by pinkhebe on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

:oops: A jockstrap? will the shorts http://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-b ... ior-339002 be ok? :oops:
HowardH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by HowardH »

Ideal but don't forget the "box" - abdominal protector.
Shame that you missed the sale. It was in the calendar. All children were reminded. There were posters in house ...... but home is a big attraction!
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

Yes, it's crested, but more importantly it feels and looks like good quality. Again we bought a bigger size, so it should last for next year too (if DS's grow spurt slows down that is) The brand is 'Hunts'. I did get a brochure, which I can't find right now, will have look once we ve unpacked all DS's bags and post link to the suppliers. Those pants look fine, but yes you ll need the 'box' to go in it.
Sorry to hear things have gone missing, we haven't started to unpack yet, so no idea.
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Oh well, he'll have to do with the slazenger ones from sports direct - ouch at the prices on the website, were they cheaper at the sale?

As an aside, according to the official website, all cricket items are optional apart form the box + shorts (we've already got those), and trousers if they are in a team.

Yada - thanks for the offer of the trousers, but send them to the trift shop - we'll probably buy them next year!
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Thanks for the Sports Direct link....managed to get some stuff for DS's Christmas stocking, never mind cricket!
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

Not sure whether they were cheaper. We got the jumper as it can get cold out on the field, but it was not a must. I just reasoned it was all worth it as the quality was good, they ll be playing 3 times a week and it means I don't have to take DS into town to get all the bits, a price well worth paying as shopping and DS just do not go together.....
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

YadaYada wrote:Thanks for the Sports Direct link....managed to get some stuff for DS's Christmas stocking, never mind cricket!
I love sports direct! If you order online, there is a chance that you'll end up with a very large 'sports direct mug'. We have 2!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

I think you might be able to tell I only have sisters --

You have to hem the cricket trousers :goingmad: !!
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

You have to hem the cricket trousers
I've never bothered - hence why the ones I'm passing on are unhemmed! Guess you do have to if they are too long.

More sewing!!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

That'll be why the size 11-12 were far too big and we had to buy age 9 -10 :lol: