Not finding it difficult

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Not finding it difficult

Post by Volupturaptor »

The seperation that is.
Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter very much, and we are very close, but she's always so excited to go back to CH. I hear from her several times a day, and I know she is happy.
If anything, I'd say that boarding is good for our relationship, all the conflict (homework, bedtime, "Why aren't you ready? We've got to go NOW!") is gone, and when we do see eachother, we can just enjoy our time together. At least to start with, evenually the sheer relentlessness of her personality does get a bit wearing, so that we have the happy situation of having had a lovely time, but with us both being pleased about her going back...
Just thought I'd say that. Maybe it will help someone to know that not everyone is moping about missing their child when they're at CH. :)
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Re: Not finding it difficult

Post by CHDad »

I'm not moping around, I just find it (slightly) sad on the day my son returns to school. He is always happy and excited to be returning and there are no difficult goodbyes etc, it's just that the dynamic at home is quite diifferent when he is not around. However by Tuesday we are all back into the swing of term time and Sunday is long forgotten.

I agree that holiday time is quality time with my Son now with no arguments and stresses which is really nice.
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

My older DD is at CH and loves it. She has nearly completed three years now. She was desperate to go to CH. My younger DD will be applying for 2014 and I do feel a bit mean that - actually - I know now that it will be awful but good as well. I completely understand the comments on here. Younger DD is so "full-on" - question after question, can we do this? after can we do this? - that it will be good for her to direct her many breakfast-time questions at someone slightly more awake than me! She might get a more receptive answer.
So...don't feel guilty, just enjoy the time you have with them!
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I posted before about still finding it difficult.

I just want to clarify that this does not mean that I am sitting around moping. I've got a happy life and don't mope. I just miss my son, that's all.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

YadaYada wrote:I posted before about still finding it difficult.

I just want to clarify that this does not mean that I am sitting around moping. I've got a happy life and don't mope. I just miss my son, that's all.

... and quite right too !!!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

I know and I agree! Not that I miss your son, of course....you know what I mean! x I have heard more from my DD this week while she is in Germany than I do normally, as she has access to fbook from there. Weird really.
lippizaner
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by lippizaner »

Quite honestly I am in agreement with the OP as I am REALLY looking forward to be a bit of peace and quiet as my son is as full on as her daughter. Yippee! I too think that the holidays will become really special times when we can do meaningful things together and have fun. I hope. Having been home edded he really needs companionship his own age.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

I am REALLY looking forward to be a bit of peace and quiet as my son is as full on as her daughter. Yippee!
I think we should all agree that everyone is different.

I have made a big personal sacrifice sending my DS to CH - it is the right place for him and it would have been selfish of me to keep him with me, because I would have been doing it for me and not for him.

I do find it hard to understand how people can look forward to their child being out of the house for long periods of time.

I am thrilled to think that DS is coming home very soon and that we have another wonderful summer to look forward to.
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

I am REALLY looking forward to be a bit of peace and quiet as my son is as full on as her daughter. Yippee
Gosh...yippee?
Agree with YadaYada that we are all different and to agree to disagree. Whilst my DS is happy at CH and I am happy, I go on 'emotional auto pilot' when he is away, my way of coping with that ache of missing him, am certainly not moping around, after all I have 2 other children to keep me busy. But now the end of term is here I can barely contain my excitement and cannot wait! Hope everyone has a fabulous 2 months with their children.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Mw224 -

thank you soooo much for posting. I am glad I am on the same wavelength as someone else!