school photos

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

school photos

Post by pinkhebe »

Have the children had school photos taken? Last year we got the proofs at half term. My son can't remember whether he's had it taken yet or not :roll:
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Re: school photos

Post by Fairy »

I asked my DD about this and she said they had not had them done this year :(
MW224
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by MW224 »

I think they could make much more of a fundraiser thing out of school photos. Most of us find it very hard to say no to photos of our children and they are great as Christmas presents for the family. CH lends itself to produce some beautiful photographs, so I was surprised to see last year's were a bit dull! Not sure whether they do them every year?
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Yes, I sent them as Christmas presents last year and was hoping to have one every year as a keepsake, not sure what the school protocol is TBH :?:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Oh :cry: that's a shame, great grandparents and parents get one every year. Slightly cross, as I wouldn't have bought my younger one's photo if I'd realised I wouldn't have a pair.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

This must be a question for CH Staff posters !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

It's usually only Second Form that have their photos taken, I agree it would be nice to make more of individual school photos and I don't know why this doesn't happen.
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

Barnes Mum wrote:
It's usually only Second Form that have their photos taken
With the school now taking an increasing number of new entrants into the LE and other years, as well as new Deps, does this mean that many pupils never get the opportunity to have an individual school photograph taken?

I was rather hoping that we might at least get a chance to buy another photo of DS in his Deps or Grecians year; it would be lovely to have two portrait shots to compare how your child has grown and changed during their time at CH.
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

The new pupils who enter the school into other year groups have their photos taken around the time the new Second Form do. I agree, I would love another one of my DD too, I really think they're missing an opportunity there. Although having taken the Second Form up every year to have their's taken, I must say it is a bit of a logistical nightmare!
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Maybe there could be an official house photo each year that would be easier to arrange. However I agree I would definitly purchase individual pics like the 2nd form ones if they were sold.