3 weekly grades

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

Fairy
Deputy Grecian

3 weekly grades

Post by Fairy »

OK I may have missed something here but I didn't get the grades by post and I can't see how to get them on the parents portal, any help gratefully received!
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Re: 3 weekly grades

Post by YadaYada »

I've just had a look on the parent portal. I'd suggest that they simply haven't been uploaded there yet.
Students have had them - speak to your house parent perhaps if you haven't had them from your child.
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

There does seem to be a problem with the grades this time - dd is still missing 3. The tutors havn't sent them to the house parents.
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

Thank you, glad it isn't just me! Usually dd tells me but we had a whirlwind time at leave weekend :/ xxx :shock:
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

They were 4 weekly grades this time I think. Certainly DS didn't get them before LW but got them last Wednesday.

I'd ring the house parents if you want some clarification on what is going on. :)
Volupturaptor
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Volupturaptor »

It's not just me that hasn't seen them yet then. My Daughter did tell me her "average" but as far as I'm concerned that means very little, I like to see the grades for all the subjects, the attainment, as well as the effort, as there's often quite a difference between the two.

Do all the houses put such a degree of imporance on the average effort grade? I am a little unhappy with this, as it sometimes makes it look as though my daughter isn't doing as well as she actually is, and upsets her.
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Hi Voluptoraptor,

The average grades are important as there are academic trophys awarded to a boys and a girls house, but I don't think the children get too get up about it.

Dd is competitive with herself, but as long as its mainly 5's with a few 4's she's happy. What she isn't happy with is the 3c given out by a very few teachers who are new to that particular class and use it as an excuse to not mark each child's work individually. This brings the grade average down by 0.14 which is quite a large difference.

We are less concerned with the average, but do tend to go through each grade individually, and yes, we haven't had them yet either.
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

My son only found his out yesterday.

He's thrilled to have finally got a 4 in drama this year

In his house, those who get over a 4.2 average get a pizza (which they then seem to share :D )
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Pizza - lucky! Dd's house get no reward :(
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Atticus wrote:Pizza - lucky! Dd's house get no reward :(
Ah but to give you an idea of boys houses and effort grades, ds was the only one last time, in his year, to get over 4.2! (I'm not sure about this time). And I think he's only received the pizza once before that!
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

They are on the parents portal now
Fairy
Deputy Grecian

Post by Fairy »

I must be completely daft but I can't see them - I have tried under each subject link "assessments" and on the enquiries/reports menu at the top.... :oops:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

You need to click the inquiries button in the top middle of the screen, then click on reports.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Can confirm the pizza (and sometimes hot chocolate!) in DS's house (same house as PinkHebe's son).

We used to look mostly at the effort grades pre-GCSE but are now looking more at the grades.

But without being given predicted grades, finding it difficult to understand what the grades actually mean - on track or below expectations?
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Poor dd - even a 4.84 doesn't even warrant a small slice of childrens sized margarita :(