The Blue 2012

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

The Blue 2012

Post by ailurophile »

I see from another thread that OBs received their print copies of The Blue last week. Mine has not arrived yet - I wonder, has it been lost in the post, or are other parents also still waiting?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Re: The Blue 2012

Post by pinkhebe »

I was going to ask the same question. No mine hasn't arrived yet either.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Mine arrived today.
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

They were ready in late December but for reasons that are a mystery it took the distribution house a long time to post. They were sent Mailshot 3 so they should arrive but do rely on the vagaries of each postal district. Sorry!

I hope that you enjoy what you read in the end - as i posted on a different part of this site, the quality of prose, poetry, music, art, drama, academic acheivement ...... explains why CH is such a success and deserves it's excellent ISI inspection report. 80% of what you read is written by or directs attention on pupils aged 11-18. All of them YOUR CHILDREN!! :D Well done for passing on such great genes!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

onewestguncopse wrote:They were ready in late December but for reasons that are a mystery it took the distribution house a long time to post. They were sent Mailshot 3 so they should arrive but do rely on the vagaries of each postal district. Sorry!

I hope that you enjoy what you read in the end - as i posted on a different part of this site, the quality of prose, poetry, music, art, drama, academic acheivement ...... explains why CH is such a success and deserves it's excellent ISI inspection report. 80% of what you read is written by or directs attention on pupils aged 11-18. All of them YOUR CHILDREN!! :D Well done for passing on such great genes !

Levi Strauss has a lot to answer for !

:axe:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

Lots of post today, but still no Blue :(
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Atticus wrote:Lots of post today, but still no Blue :(
Me neither
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

The Blue 2012

Post by cupcakemom »

No Blue for me either ...!
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Contact me if no joy by the end of the weekend. They can be chased up with the Royal Mail.
ailurophile
Deputy Grecian

Post by ailurophile »

My copy arrived yesterday, and I'm impressed as always by the quality of both content and production.

Just one question for Onewestguncopse - what's happened to 'The Avenue'? It's always been a pleasure to read the pupils'-eye accounts of life in the boarding Houses, and for many parents (especially of new entrants) it often offered a good chance of seeing your child's name included in the magazine. Can we have this feature reinstated next year please?!!
Atticus
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Atticus »

It has come :) and I am really enjoying it. But I have also missed The Avenue. Please may it, and the academic prize list come back next year?
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Mine is here, and very good too.

Can only echo the thoughts on The Avenue
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

Well done everyone involved in this issue, its fantastic! Several pics of my Son as well !!!
cupcakemom
GE (Great Erasmus)

The Blue 2012

Post by cupcakemom »

Got mine today - lovely birthday present! Shame about the lack of Avenue though.
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

The Avenue has gone as in it was thought that these notes were dated, in an age where so many children keep up to date with Facebook. It dates from a time when the Blue was published termly and parents rarely saw their offspring. No leave weekends etc.

Moreover, 90% of the Blue's readership are not current parents and these notes are, for them, meaningless. We decided instead to ask the Houses to send lots of photos of events and reproduce them instead. I may introduce the Avenue again, but it is likely to be an internal publication.