School Dinners In Present Times.

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: School Dinners In Present Times.

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote:
CHDad wrote:Haha John, actually my son probably would have preferred the food in the "good old days" as he likes basic traditional cooking and nothing too fancy! I didn't mean to be disparaging about people's posts re food in days gone by, it's just I was genuinely interested to hear whether most children like the food nowadays.

When I went there in 1958, it was an eye-opener as far as food was concerned.

Unlike today, ABSOLUTELY NO CHOICES ! You ate what you were served, or went hungry. I don't remember any dietry choices for veggies and the like.

I went there as quite a fussy eater and left able to eat anything put in front of me.
No choice whatsoever; our resident Jew (no offence meant) was served the same food as everyone else including bacon and pork. All h**l broke loose when a medical consultant prescribed one banana per day to stop acne! OK, I got it but was made to look small because I didn't refuse to go to the consultant and because there was some special food to be supplied.
BTW bananas didn't have any noticable effect
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:
J.R. wrote:
CHDad wrote:Haha John, actually my son probably would have preferred the food in the "good old days" as he likes basic traditional cooking and nothing too fancy! I didn't mean to be disparaging about people's posts re food in days gone by, it's just I was genuinely interested to hear whether most children like the food nowadays.

When I went there in 1958, it was an eye-opener as far as food was concerned.

Unlike today, ABSOLUTELY NO CHOICES ! You ate what you were served, or went hungry. I don't remember any dietry choices for veggies and the like.

I went there as quite a fussy eater and left able to eat anything put in front of me.
No choice whatsoever; our resident Jew (no offence meant) was served the same food as everyone else including bacon and pork. All h**l broke loose when a medical consultant prescribed one banana per day to stop acne! OK, I got it but was made to look small because I didn't refuse to go to the consultant and because there was some special food to be supplied.

BTW bananas didn't have any noticable effect

I thought your tree climbing skills improved dramatically, David !! :lol:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote:
sejintenej wrote: BTW bananas didn't have any noticable effect
I thought your tree climbing skills improved dramatically, David !! :lol:
No, not trees but I've soloed the North Face of the Corcovado, led the Devil's Kirchen and been on Idwal Slabs, the Cuillin Circuit and a few more besides but NO TREES
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!