Admissions 2015

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

katea
2nd Former

Admissions 2015

Post by katea »

Hello,
I have registered my DD for the admissions process for entry in September 2015. Can anyone help with what the Initial Assessment in October consists of? On the website it just says a computer based assessment in verbal and non-verbal reasoning. Looking at the threads from previous years it was an English and maths Assessment? Is this the first year of using the computer based testing? Is it a multiple choice format? I don't have any particular preparation in mind for DD but would be good to have an idea of what to expect. Do the past papers on the website relate to the January assessments?
Would be grateful for any assistance and to "meet" other parents who are going through this!
HowardH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Admissions 2015

Post by HowardH »

The Initial Assessment has indeed been altered for this year. There will be a computer-based test only lasting about 80 minutes. The past papers do indeed refer to the January Residential exams.
katea
2nd Former

Post by katea »

That's helpful to know, thank-you.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I really hate to have to ask this Howard, but has the ability to wield a pen and pencil disappeared from the entry criteria these days ??

I suppose calculators are also now extinct.

MInd you, having said that, in my day there were no such thing as calculators, apart from your fingers and toes, that is.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
HowardH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by HowardH »

Only from the Initial Assessment stage.
curiousmum
2nd Former

Post by curiousmum »

My daughter didn't get through to the interviews and she was really upset by it ! She was seriously ill so she's blaming that so I was just wondering whether it was possibly to try for upper sixth ? So she can try again if she wants ? or is it just lower? :?
LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Post by LongGone »

"MInd you, having said that, in my day there were no such thing as calculators, apart from your fingers and toes, that is." JR

Couldn't play BlackJack unless you were naked , eh?
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

LongGone wrote:"MInd you, having said that, in my day there were no such thing as calculators, apart from your fingers and toes, that is." JR

Couldn't play BlackJack unless you were naked , eh?

Shouldn't that be 'African American Jack' ?

:axe:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
HollyVanhorn
2nd Former

Post by HollyVanhorn »

I had registered my kids to Long Island preschool. There admission process is quite easy. Preschool is a place where children learn and develop. Preschool provides emotional, physical, social as well as intellectual support to all children. For more information you can visit http://www.callingallkidsagain.com online.