School scarf

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: School scarf

Post by J.R. »

YadaYada wrote:It was the holidays JR so might have got missed. I will try again.
Expect the money is long gone though ;)
AFAIAA The Scool Orifice is open even during the long holidays !!

Looks like more pennies to DS !! :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

For anyone who is interested....the answer is £15 available from the Tuck Shop which is now called Buttons.

Sent a cheque back to school this time!
HowardH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by HowardH »

... As knitted by my wife's fair hands!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

HowardH wrote:... As knitted by my wife's fair hands!!

.... only 'coz she uses a machine, Howard !!

:shock:
pinkhebe
Deputy Grecian

Post by pinkhebe »

Oh my DS has one (bought in 2nd form) should have asked Matron. As an aside, I love our matrons, DS has had a few medical issues and they and the Health centre are fab :D
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

J.R. wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:20 pm So what happened to the 'official' scarf of the 50's ? It had to be obtained from John Lewis. Woolen, long and blue with yellow bands on each end. When did this drop from being part of the 'official' school uniform ?

Yes - As, I have stated before, I still have mine.
Yes, it was a perfectly good school scarf JR. John Lewis. Never knowingly undersold. Or underwrapped around the neck, come to that. What do you use yours for these days?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I still wear it when really cold.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:20 pm It had to be obtained from John Lewis.
Yes - As, I have stated before, I still have mine.
Fings ain't wot they used to be. I still have my blue John Lewis rugby sox which have been all over northern Europe and haven't yet needed darning.

Now I am going to get blatently racist because I am furious. My laptop of 5 years has given up the ghost and I have had to buy a replacement - an HP. Why in f+++ can't they put they keys in the right place????????????????? I used to be able to touch type and now I have to search out each one and they have lost an entire row by the look of it. Peeps will just have to acceot errors
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Bye bye Alzheimers

Post by sejintenej »

IT SHARPENS THOSE GENES IN YOUR BRAIN AND STALLS ALZHEIMER’S FOR YEARS.

1.A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns and the third is full of lions that haven’t eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2.A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3.What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

4.Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

5.This is an unusual paragraph. I’m curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

I'll post the answers tomorrow (if I remember)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re:Alzheimers puzzle

Post by sejintenej »

Answers:

1.The third room. Lions that haven’t eaten in three years are dead. That one was easy, right?

2.The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry (shot; held under water; and hung).

3.Charcoal, as it is used in barbecuing.

4.Sure you can name three consecutive days, yesterday, today, and tomorrow!

5.The letter “e” which is the most common letter used in the English language does not appear even once in the paragraph.

I’ll be getting Alzheimer’s any time now.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Moon landings were faked!

Post by sejintenej »

I saw an entry on Facebook that said the moon landings were fakes, and were directed by John Cameron. But they were very expensive because he insisted they be filmed on location.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

5.The letter “e” which is the most common letter used in the English language does not appear even once in the paragraph.

There is a 50,000 word novel, called 'Gadsby' (by one Ernest Vincent Wright, 1939) which does not contain the letter 'e'. Imagin...
Th.B. 27 1955-63
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

YadaYada wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:42 pm For anyone who is interested....the answer is £15 available from the Tuck Shop which is now called Buttons.

Do I take it from this post that the tuck shop has been privatised? Or just rebranded? Would Saatchi and Saatchi have been involved by any chance? What sort of dividend are the shareholders pulling down? Would Banker Brown be involved in any of this?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

rockfreak wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 8:49 pm
YadaYada wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:42 pm For anyone who is interested....the answer is £15 available from the Tuck Shop which is now called Buttons.

Do I take it from this post that the tuck shop has been privatised? Or just rebranded? Would Saatchi and Saatchi have been involved by any chance? What sort of dividend are the shareholders pulling down? Would Banker Brown be involved in any of this?

Mrs C would be the person to answer this question, though she doesn't get on this site so much these days.