Col A, 1954-57

Photos associated with Coleridge house

Moderator: Moderators

eucsgmrc
GE (Great Erasmus)

Col A, 1954-57

Post by eucsgmrc »

The other day, a friend of mine happened to spot an huge ancient (like 1880s) atlas lying in a dusty corner of my house, and opened it up for perhaps the first time in decades. In between the leaves, there were odd pages of the Farmer and Stockbreeder, and old orange papers, and suchlike oddities that my mother had stored there when she had the atlas in the 1930s. And also, to my astonishment, four Coleridge A house photos from 1954 to 1957, one of them with a key to who's who. I've scanned them and put them on-line. This link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jandsw/666 ... otostream/
will show you the first of them, and you can use the "Older" link to move to the others. That's just above the top right corner of each photo.
John Wexler
Col A 1954-62
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Col A, 1954-57

Post by J.R. »

It is possible to get them on here. I usually ask Julian to assist !

Kit and Mrs R look so much younger than I remember, but then this is a few years before I entered Col B !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
eucsgmrc
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by eucsgmrc »

Here they are, then:

Summer 1955
Aldridge; Ford; Isbell; Ruthven; Wicket; Clark; Blackadder; Comerford; Borer.
Wilkinson; Giles; Stone; Gardner; Beare; Smythe; Bunham; Gerrish; Pitcher; Cooper; Cann; George.
Emberson; Pearl; Carr; Hawkins; Wright; Hillier; Oakley; Jenkins; French; Carter; O'Dowd; Audley.
Huntley; Buxton; Porter; Gardner; Mrs. Riches; Mr. Aitken; Mr. Cochrane; Mr. Herbert; [illegible]; Rubbra; Liles; Eagleton.
Wexler; Fay; Weeks; Brown; Bond; Corner; Ashton; Blogg; Liles; Paterson.

Help! Memory fail. I copied these names from a key written at the time, but I'm not convinced that they're correct. I can't remember Eagleton at all, but I've got the name "Eggleton" stuck in my mind (unfortunately, with no actual face attached to it). "Audley" means nothing to me, but I associate the name "Ardley" with the person who's wearing a badge. I can't remember a Bunham, and I'm wondering whether that name is correct. I vaguely recollect that Ian Packington was in the house in 1955, but I don't see him here. And did Comerford have a younger brother? And who is [illegible]?

I guess I should carry on doing the crosswords, and hope that helps.

Another one from summer 1955

Summer 1956

Summer 1957

It's still worth using the link to Flickr if you want higher resolution images to zoom in on particular faces.
John Wexler
Col A 1954-62
DavidRawlins
Button Grecian

Post by DavidRawlins »

Eggleton is correct; and I think it is Brinham.
Col A 1946-1953