Col B House Photos

Photos associated with Coleridge house

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Col B House Photos

Post by jtaylor »

From Old Blues email news:-

A team effort led by Michael Liberman (Col B 51-59) has recovered Col B House Photos covering the period 19523 – 1958/9 together with nearly all the names.

These can be found at http://www.oldblues.com/house/col_b.htm
Please let Steve Webb know of any corrections / omissions.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Somewhere in my collection, I have Coleridge B's next house photo, if anyone is interested for the site !
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Email it to me and I'll happily host and post....

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
postwarblue
Deputy Grecian

Re: Col B House Photos

Post by postwarblue »

Anyone know where the Lieberman Col.B photos are now please? Link doesn't work.
'Oh blest retirement, friend to life's decline'
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

jtaylor wrote:From Old Blues email news:-

A team effort led by Michael Liberman (Col B 51-59) has recovered Col B House Photos covering the period 19523 – 1958/9 together with nearly all the names.

These can be found at http://www.oldblues.com/house/col_b.htm
Please let Steve Webb know of any corrections / omissions.
Regretably I see that this site is up for sale and the photos no longer available; are they elsewhere?
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

This is what I don't understand about computers. Why have Michael Liberman's photos been sold to another site? I clicked onto the link and found all sorts of nonsense on it. Old Blues are listed under "Old Blues Songs". Selling one's soul to the devil at midnight where the Eastern Avenue meets the Quadrangle perhaps? And under "Kirby" came things like "Kirby's Coach Tours". This conjures up all sorts of possibilities. Did my old biology master really once serve as a guide to Bronte Country, mounting the coach steps and telling everyone just what went on between Cathy and Heathcliffe while calling: "Come along, worst dog!" This is a reference to the faithful Chlorine, by the way. In the old days people would have had bits of cardboard with pictures on them and if they needed more prints they'd have taken the negs to a photographic shop and got them run off. And then they wouldn't have been lost to posterity.
By the way John, if you still have access to any of these Col B pictures, and want to identify me (since no-one seems quite certain who I am) I believe I'm in the Summer 1956 photo when Kirby was stand-in housemaster for the duration, and I think I'm the little fair-haired lad in the front row holding Chlorine.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

rockfreak wrote:This is what I don't understand about computers. Why have Michael Liberman's photos been sold to another site? I clicked onto the link and found all sorts of nonsense on it. Old Blues are listed under "Old Blues Songs". Selling one's soul to the devil at midnight where the Eastern Avenue meets the Quadrangle perhaps? .
A short introduction to M and A. Joe Bloggs puts all his retirement pay into Joe Bloggs Limited. Along comes Mr Politician "you are not employing enough people and not bribing union unofficials. On behalf of the workers I am taking you over, not buying the workers and giving you nothing so we can keep the Pink Flag waving.
Why the H¤¤¤ do you think the photographs themselves have been sold? - that is NOT what was written.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

Yes I understand now that the site has been sold but it still doesn't help that the pictures have apparently gone too. This is what those of us who sometimes worry about the march of science and technology would call Progress without Purpose.