Coleridge House Photos - A in the 60's

Photos associated with Coleridge house

Moderator: Moderators

ray day
2nd Former

Coleridge House Photos - A in the 60's

Post by ray day »

Hi, anyone remember anyone here? Are House photos still taken?

Image[/img]
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Have you got the years and any names, ray day ?

I recognise Jesson-Dibley in the second photo. Who's the senior Housemaster ? Looks familiar.

One or two the senior boys look familiar as well.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

The late "Kit" Aitken is the senior house master in both photos.

He was the first teacher I had at CH when I was in form 2b. I remember being fascinated by how he could ride a bike with only one leg. He just had a single pedal on his bike.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:The late "Kit" Aitken is the senior house master in both photos.

He was the first teacher I had at CH when I was in form 2b. I remember being fascinated by how he could ride a bike with only one leg. He just had a single pedal on his bike.
I thought it was. He never taught me, but like you, I was amazed at his cycling skills with the fixed wheel and pedal.

Liked a bevvy as well, if memory serves........
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote:
Mid A 15 wrote:The late "Kit" Aitken is the senior house master in both photos.

I thought it was. He never taught me, but like you, I was amazed at his cycling skills with the fixed wheel and pedal.

Lioked a bevvy as well, if memory serves........
Yes, Latin teacher.

Had a balance problem when wielding the slipper and cane so if your kidneys weren't destroyed by drink ..... :cry: :cry:

From time to time the pedal would appear on the wrong side of the bicycle - I don't now if he ever found out who was responsible. (One culprit last heard of in Auckland)

Yes, he liked the odd bevy and company when he was partaking. Most Col A boys went on pub crawls he organised around his favourites on the Broads
NORFOLK Broads that is, RR

Oh No, not that sort of broad either.

s.i.n
jossmullinger
2nd Former

CH photos

Post by jossmullinger »

Hi Ray - I've just found this site so thought I'd join in. Well, I think I can name quite a few here. Here goes:
top row: Nigel Tewkesbury, -, Wiggins, Lintott, -, -, -, -, -
second row: Weeks, Humphries, -, Apsley, -, Grout,
third row: Malcolm & Ray Day, Peter Bastick, Michael King, me!, Clive Roberts, Steve Webb, Louis Mullinger, -, Peter Lavender, -, James Grieve
fourth row: Mason, -, -, Miss Connell, Mr Sims, Mr Aitken, Mr Bowditch, -, -, -

If I could find my copy of this photo, I know it has all the names with it.

If anyone is interested in what I'm up to, apart from still working at NatWest, take a look at my website http://www.festivalfolk.co.uk you might even like to order a copy of my book! All profit is going to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
cheers
Joss
ray day
2nd Former

Re: Coleridge House Photos - A in the 60's

Post by ray day »

Roger Hiner was House Captain in the 1964 photo with Colin Fleetcroft in 1965
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Top photo, right hand end of front row, and second photo, middle of top row, Galbraith. French horn player and also occasional science partner. He had an accident as a child and only had a thumb and little finger on his right hand.
Bottom photo, top row, right hand end, side drum player but can't remember his name.
Same photo, the button grecian at the right hand end of the second row seems familiar, but again, name escapes.
The top photo looks as if it was taken in the last years before they became a senior house.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
ColeridgeA40
2nd Former

Post by ColeridgeA40 »

Lower one: 1964
top row;Hugh Montgomery, Graham Mason,Mike Coleman, Mike Dale,Robert Galbraith, Chris Hansel,Henry Pim, Randall, A Lyall
next row:Louis Mullinger, Michael Gillett, Nigel Wiggins,Chris Lintott, Robin Wild (me), Roger Hiner, ASB Joly, Brisbane, Pat Oakley , Jonathan Scott
Middle row: Joss Mullinger, DS Deeks,Steve Webb, Humpris, Chris Wight, Peter Apsey, Nigel Tewkesbury, Julian Wild, MacDonald, Kenneth Seward
2nd from front row:monitors and staff: Rodney Alexander, Matthews M (?),Jack Leggatt, Peter Hiner( house Captain),Matron, JD Jesson-Dibley, Kit Aitken,Nigel Bibby,Fleetcroft, Rueben, Roger Cartwright, Matthews P (?)
front row: Sketchley, Roberts, Peter Lavender,M J King , Joly, Ballinger, Cripps, Simon Melliss, Day R, Day M, JC Grieve, Bastick
Joss Mullinger
2nd Former

Post by Joss Mullinger »

ColeridgeA40 wrote:Lower one: 1964
top row; Hugh Montgomery, Graham Mason, Mike Coleman, Mike Dale, Robert Galbraith, Chris Hansel, Henry Pim, Randall, A Lyall
next row: Louis Mullinger, Michael Gillett, Nigel Wiggins, Chris Lintott, Robin Wild (me), Roger Hiner, ASB Joly, Brisbane, Pat Oakley , Jonathan Scott
Middle row: Joss Mullinger, DS Deeks, Steve Webb, Tony Humphries, Chris Wight, Peter Apsey, Nigel Tewkesbury, Julian Wild, MacDonald, Kenneth Seward
2nd from front row: monitors and staff: Rodney Alexander, Matthews M (?), Jack Leggatt, Peter Hiner( house Captain), Matron, JD Jesson-Dibley, Kit Aitken, Nigel Bibby, Fleetcroft, Rueben, Roger Cartwright, Matthews P (?)
front row: Sketchley, Clive Roberts, Peter Lavender, Mike J King , Joly, Ballinger, Cripps, Simon Melliss, Ray Day, Malcolm Day, JC Grieve, Peter Bastick
Excellent Robin, I've now added a few more Christian names.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Not Peter Hiner (an exact contemporary of mine, who left in 1963) but his younger brother Michael. They looked very much alike.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Martin Hayman
2nd Former

Post by Martin Hayman »

Damn, I am in the 1965 picture, with my mod hair style emulating the Small Faces. How weird.
Den Childs
2nd Former

Post by Den Childs »

The person in the lower photo, 1965, on the far left on the top row, is tagged as "Hugh Lowell Montgomery", but that is surely a different person, born a little too early and in the United States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Lowell_Montgomery. I appreciate I am posting on an old thread, but I would be interested if anyone knows what subsequently became of the actual Col A Hugh Montgomery.

[edit] the "tag" is on the Facebook page that reproduces this picture: https://rb.gy/fzgjgs. This will otherwise be rather confusing.
BaB and ThB, 1960 - 1967
Mr Alexander
2nd Former

Post by Mr Alexander »

Hello

Lovely to see the faces again. Just discovered this forum after some searches following the acknowledgment letter from CH. About time, but at least it happened before I curl my toes.

I used to be Grout but I'm now David Alexander. Changed the name and persona in the 80s.

If anyone remembers me from then it would be good to hear from you.

David
David (Grout) now Alexander
Maine A / Col A
1961 - 1967