Middleton House Photos

Photos associated with Middleton house

Moderator: Moderators

mrhenry
2nd Former

Photo

Post by mrhenry »

Its Henry Young. How are you doing? I am trying to remember the last time we spoke - was it after we called out the fire brigade because I dropped that cigarette down the side of your sofa?

Your photo was much appreciated . My wife saw that VH1 series about CH/Gene Simmons - and wanted me to locate a picture. If you have next years (or any others) that would be appreciated too - I'm hoping my haircut had improved by the Third Form (although I don't think it had).

I hope you are well. I have so many (good) memories of the two of us at CH.

Henry

srcudlipp wrote:
mrhenry wrote:Stu, great picture. Can you post the one for the following year too? - Henry
Sure can, I'll dust it off and scan it in soon. Is that Henry Young, or another Henry?
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Re: Photo

Post by srcudlipp »

mrhenry wrote:Its Henry Young. How are you doing? I am trying to remember the last time we spoke - was it after we called out the fire brigade because I dropped that cigarette down the side of your sofa?

Your photo was much appreciated . My wife saw that VH1 series about CH/Gene Simmons - and wanted me to locate a picture. If you have next years (or any others) that would be appreciated too - I'm hoping my haircut had improved by the Third Form (although I don't think it had).

I hope you are well. I have so many (good) memories of the two of us at CH.

Henry

srcudlipp wrote:
mrhenry wrote:Stu, great picture. Can you post the one for the following year too? - Henry
Sure can, I'll dust it off and scan it in soon. Is that Henry Young, or another Henry?
Ah yes - the fire brigade - happy days! Send me your email address on a private message and we can catch up properly - lots to talk about after 16 years!

ANd I'll see what photo's I have - think I have a classic of you somewhere (with more bad hair!)

Stu
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Middleton House Photos

Post by Mid A 15 »

jhopgood wrote:Amazing, I can't even recognise my brother, who is now, and I thought was then, bespectacled.
Other ex Barnes B is Dearsley, of cricketing fame.
I remember your brother mainly because he once told me he was from Eltham and I came from Shooters Hill.

Dearsley was an excellent bowler. I remember batting in the nets one day and Dearsley and Topliss decided to give me a bit of a peppering. I'm pleased to say that, more by luck than judgement, I managed to avoid being bowled out by them.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Mid A 15 wrote:
jhopgood wrote:Amazing, I can't even recognise my brother, who is now, and I thought was then, bespectacled.
Other ex Barnes B is Dearsley, of cricketing fame.
I remember your brother mainly because he once told me he was from Eltham and I came from Shooters Hill.

Dearsley was an excellent bowler. I remember batting in the nets one day and Dearsley and Topliss decided to give me a bit of a peppering. I'm pleased to say that, more by luck than judgement, I managed to avoid being bowled out by them.
Even my brother can't recognise him in the photo. Did you know the Gathercoles, who lived in Shooters Hill Road, down the bottom end on the left going down? He was an exact contemporary of mine in Barnes B.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

jhopgood wrote:Even my brother can't recognise him in the photo. Did you know the Gathercoles, who lived in Shooters Hill Road, down the bottom end on the left going down? He was an exact contemporary of mine in Barnes B.
The name rings a definite bell although I cannot come up with a face.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Mid A 15 wrote:
jhopgood wrote:Even my brother can't recognise him in the photo. Did you know the Gathercoles, who lived in Shooters Hill Road, down the bottom end on the left going down? He was an exact contemporary of mine in Barnes B.
The name rings a definite bell although I cannot come up with a face.
On my left in the Barnes B 1961 photo.
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Re: Photo

Post by cstegerlewis »

srcudlipp wrote:Ah yes - the fire brigade - happy days! Send me your email address on a private message and we can catch up properly - lots to talk about after 16 years!

ANd I'll see what photo's I have - think I have a classic of you somewhere (with more bad hair!)

Stu

Does good equal the rampacnt spikes, or the foppish flop! As I would rather forget most of my follicular experiments at school, you are getting very brave - I hope your wife has a GSOH, my other half laughs at nearly all my old school photos (not that hers are much better).
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Middleton B 1985-86

Post by srcudlipp »

Time for more suffering:

Mid B House Photo 1985-86

Click on image for larger version:-
Left to right:

Front Row:
Ed Kinnersley, Crispin Ashcroft, Ben (something), Mark Lemon, Jody Gordon, Ed Dennison, Mark Messenger, James Hussey, Miguel Gonzales, Hasan Ahmet, Stuart Morpurgo, Ian Dougal, Simon Funnell, some french kid and Adam Whitley

Second Row:
Alex Hester, Craig Steger-Lewis (with more foppish hair), Matt Dyer, Richard Lockwood, Mr O'Boyle, Matron, Mr Sutcliffe, Mr Cook, Adam Lopardo, Charlie Field, Tim Bevan, Donald Allwright

Third Row:
Doug Rawlins, Oliver Richardson, Danny Fisher, Nat Spring, Simon Parsons, Chris Knibbs, Sam Wilcocks, Martin Pyne, Christian Whitley, Bill Shallcross, Alex Selby-Boothroyd, Charlie Lemon, Stuart Cudlipp, Alex Wynn-Green, Henry Young & Ben Todd

Back Row:
Phil Berry, Rick Slater, Bill Barrs, Rupert McPetrie, Robin Dowsett, Martin Densham, Ian Ensum, Andy Gordon, Matthew Crib, Tim Binnington, Jo Churcher, Rupert Ault, Jez White & Hugh Dalrympal

Again, sorry for any embarrasment caused :twisted:
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Ohmigod it gets worse, although I am pleased to say I still have a full head of hair. Saw Ben Todd (now a Mirror showbiz journo) moonlighting on some dodgy sky celeb "before they were famous mingers" (or some other trash) and was sad to see the most tonsorial of us all had moved onto the Ross Kemp look (don't transfer to the Sun, Ben, we know what their editor does to guys with shaven heads!!).

Someone will turn up with mybleached look next (Sam Wenman's standard greeting - who s*** on your head!)
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

cstegerlewis wrote:Someone will turn up with mybleached look next (Sam Wenman's standard greeting - who s*** on your head!)
Was it Sam? Sound more likely to have come out of Mark Wenmans mouth.

And yes, seen Ben in the press - guess that's what too much hair styling does to you.
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
JohnCKirk
2nd Former

Post by JohnCKirk »

Front Row:
Ed Kinnersley, Crispin Ashcroft, Ben (something)
I'm guessing that would be Ben Davies, although that's just from remembering the roll-call list rather than recognising him!

Actually, the weird thing about seeing those photos is how young the teachers look; I expect to see myself and the other boys looking young, but it looks as if I'm now older than Mr O'Boyle and Mr Sutcliffe were back then. I guess that 30 and 50 don't seem that different to an 11 year old :)
Mid B 10 (1985-1989)
Mid A 2 (1989-1992)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Mid B grecians 1995 (St Matthews Day Parade) to 1997 (pissed ?)

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/dalst ... tures.html
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

cstegerlewis wrote: Someone will turn up with mybleached look next (Sam Wenman's standard greeting - who s*** on your head!)
Been away from thissite for a bit and came back to be reminded about your bleached look, seem to rememebr it was something to do with sun-in and your insistance that you hadn't used sun-in but had been windsurfing in some toxic lake!

I can jyust rememebr growing my fringe really long while keeping the rest of my hair short, seemed like such a good idea. Still got my hair though...
pompeydunc
2nd Former

Post by pompeydunc »

sejintenej wrote:Mid B grecians 1995 (St Matthews Day Parade) to 1997 (pissed ?)

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/dalst ... tures.html
My God! I think most of them are my photos. I scanned them years a go and sent them to Edwin (who I have not seen since I left I don't think). I'm not even sure where the originals are now, so it is good to see them again.

You're right, there may have been a few shandies consumed in the Mid B 97 photos.

Dunc
loumaulecole
2nd Former

Middleton House Photos

Post by loumaulecole »

Middleton B 1944

5th. row:-Doffman, ?, ?, ?, Dingle, Dickenson, ?, Clarke.
4th. row:-Wallace, Arden, Bindoff, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, Viner, ?, Sully, Somerville?.
3rd. row:-Lush ? Fletcher, Dixon, ? Clarke, Lupton, Compton, Wood, Schaeffer, Maule-Cole.
2nd. row:-Adams, Davies, Trowel, Monroe, Mr.Hazelhurst, Mr.Crosland, Matron, Newey? Earl, Courtney, Stevens.
Front row:-Rendall,Parry, Squire,Brunst, Mills, Blades, Forster, Moore, Cox, Dixon, Jelly.

Can anybody help with filling in the queries?