Munch's colour slides!

Photos from Hertford

Moderator: Moderators

MaryB
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Munch's colour slides!

Post by MaryB »

Thank you very much. As Munch and I are the same era they brought so many things flooding back.... I bet she doesn't know which twin is which though... as I recall Helen's hair was redder and Imogen's more ginger.
Mary Bowden (Gaskell)
5.10, 3.6: 64-71
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Some of the links under the photos were failing (i.e. you couldn't see the larger versions) which I hope I've not also fixed.

Thanks "lonely_wolf" for highlighting the problem!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

MaryB wrote:Thank you very much. As Munch and I are the same era they brought so many things flooding back.... I bet she doesn't know which twin is which though... as I recall Helen's hair was redder and Imogen's more ginger.
I just popped back here for a moment to check on a detail...

Mary! Of course I could tell one twin from the other! From the back, in the dark, underwater...

Plus, for you girls in 5's, Imogen had glasses with a green frame, Helen with blue.

One prep night in L1Va, Imogen was in trouble with Lil, for speaking when Lil announced "Chinge your prip!" Lil attempted to rebuke Imogen at the end of prep - but no! Imogen had done a runner. It was Helen in Imogen's glasses!

The daring of it!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
MaryB
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by MaryB »

Now you come to mention it, I do remember the glasses. And wasn't Imogen a bit slighter than Helen? Such style. Did they leave in the LIVth? Do we know what became of them after that?
Mary Bowden (Gaskell)
5.10, 3.6: 64-71
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Oh Mary, I should really love to know what the twins went on to do. They were splendidly talented girls - Imogen especially brilliant at Art - and they were my friends... They left at the end of the L1V. Helen and Imogen had a lofty scorn of any type of School Rule.

I've got so many memories of them!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
annabelle
2nd Former

Post by annabelle »

Hi
God what memories = came across thses while trying to track down Judy Jones anyone know here whereabouts - sad reason her close chum and room mate Gill Poland who I met again after over 40 years last year has just sadly died of cancer and will be buried at Golders green Crematorium on 24th Feb at 10am - sad end sad life.
Annabell Mark (nee Parfitt) - I am also in touch with Phine as well.
CRAndersen
2nd Former

Post by CRAndersen »

THANKS for these!!

I remember all the faces, and the names come back too. I was a little older, but not much - I went through 1's 1960-62. I escaped to 4's in the Lower Fourth, as I simply made so much trouble and probably drove Millie up the wall as much as she infuriated me.

Wow, don't memories come flooding back! Like the time I lined up shampoo bottles with various levels of water in and tried to make a sort of xylophone with them. Don't believe everything you read in library books... I am not musical and Millie was NOT amused... "There will be SILENCE in the cloakroom!" she roared. :roll: I don't know how long I was off tuck, but that was the usual state of affairs!

I can still smell the Art School, and still love Camille and Lucien Pissarro - I remember straining to hear Miss Keppel-Barrett telling us about them in her very quiet voice.

Christine Andersen, née Salisbury