Old Blues Rugby Football Club - NEW MEMBERS NEEDED

Advertise your CH sporting club and societies, regional Old Blues clubs, reunions and Old Blue events

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Old Blues Rugby Football Club - NEW MEMBERS NEEDED

Post by jtaylor »

Old Blues Rugby Football Club

OBRFC needs players, old and new. If you would like a game, please contact Giles Simons (gilessimons@firthrossmartin.com)
See also http://www.oldbluesrfc.com.
paddy
3rd Former

rubgy

Post by paddy »

See my posting here:

viewtopic.php?t=33

:roll:
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Ignore paddy :roll: ..... he's just bitter about being forced to get cold and muddy a few times a week on a rugby field while at school.......!!!

Having said that, I hated rugby for the first couple of years, until I got "forced" into a school match, and learnt the pleasure of being able to take some real aggression out on another school, rather than your mates - never looked back!

Give the Old Blues Rugby your support if you can....!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
paddy
3rd Former

memory

Post by paddy »

Part (but only part!) of my undying hatred of the sport might be down to a bad start:

I think it was practically our first day out on the pitches (my memory is that it was the first day - but that seems too tidy to be true)... anyway - nee-naw, flashing blue lights a couple of pitches away, an ambulance was driving across the grass, and a boy was taken away with a broken neck. Paralysed for life, I believe. Someone will correct me, but I believe his name was/is Chris Burns, and it was a match of boys vs. Old Blues.

Well, after that, I never wanted to be anywhere near a rugby pitch ever again...

But DO have fun! :)
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Fair enough - I guess that's enough to put ANYONE off....sure I'd have run back to house, refusing to ever touch another rugby ball - EVER!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

I would like to agree with paddy about the rugby aspect. I absolutley hated rugby and anyone who shared a house with me would deff back that up but as soon as i came out of CH I loved the sport. I joined a team and am now coaching. I plan to do RFU level 1 &2 (if i can find the backing). I think although everyone seemed to hate it when they were there I'm sure most of us have a tiny bit inside missing it.

Peter Walsh
LaB 95-98
PeA 98-00
paddy
3rd Former

rugby

Post by paddy »

Well I certainly miss being able to run around like a 14 year old! (makes mental note - must join AND ALSO GO TO gym this year).
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Joined one - paid for it - went three times - continued paying for it - now cancelled it........
bought a home boxing trainer instead - great fun, and cheaper over a year!

Hasn't made any difference though, and don't use it nearly often enough!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

When I was 14 I was at my fittest I reckon cos I had to do rugby!
Laurie Scaniglia-Cooke
2nd Former

Post by Laurie Scaniglia-Cooke »

Notwithstanding the total fairies above who obviously didn’t appreciate the glorious game. Old Blues RFC is in desperate need of players, it is a common misconception amongst old blues that you had to be in the 1st XV at CH to play for Old Blues, come along, all are welcome.

Loz,
Ma B/Ma A / Gre E
paddy
3rd Former

Post by paddy »

Laurie Scaniglia-Cooke wrote:Notwithstanding the total fairies above who obviously didn’t appreciate the glorious game.

Heh. Is your neck thicker than your head? Do your ears look like roadkill? Do you spend your leisure time smeared with mud, with your head and/or hands stuck between some other guy's sweaty thighs? :)
Last edited by paddy on Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Laurie Scaniglia-Cooke wrote:Notwithstanding the total fairies above who obviously didn’t appreciate the glorious game. Old Blues RFC is in desperate need of players, it is a common misconception amongst old blues that you had to be in the 1st XV at CH to play for Old Blues, come along, all are welcome.

Loz,
Ma B/Ma A / Gre E
Laurie, I have one sentence for you?

'What happens if there's a fire in the fire escape?' :lol:

Calling me a fairy, indeed! :lol: :lol: :lol: