Coleridge B - annual lunch late October/early November

Advertise your CH sporting club and societies, regional Old Blues clubs, reunions and Old Blue events

Moderator: Moderators

mckenzb3
2nd Former

Coleridge B - annual lunch late October/early November

Post by mckenzb3 »

Calling all Col B Old Blues.

We meet once a year for lunch, in London, usually in late October/early November. All Col B Old Blues are welcome. If you don't know about it, and would be interested in getting information when it is available, please drop me your details, and I'll include you in the mailing list.
Bert
2nd Former

Col B Lunch

Post by Bert »

I will be with you in Spirit. 3,000miles plus or minus is a little far for me to come, even though I would love to be with you.
rohorn
2nd Former

Re: Coleridge B - annual lunch late October/early November

Post by rohorn »

mckenzb3 wrote:Calling all Col B Old Blues.

We meet once a year for lunch, in London, usually in late October/early November. All Col B Old Blues are welcome. If you don't know about it, and would be interested in getting information when it is available, please drop me your details, and I'll include you in the mailing list.
Greetings.

This is my first contact with this forum.....I only looked up CH on Google the other day for auld lang syne and found this whole community of stuff.......I was Col.B. 29 from 1946 to 1952. Since then I've been back twice only, while in the U.K., but on both occasions just passed through without making contact......the last time, of course, the house was full of young ladies which was quite a surprise.
Do you still meet for lunch and what sort of cross-section of participants do you have?

Regards......Rohorn
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if Col B still have a lunch but if there was one in 05 I expect they do.

If you can't find what you want on here (and there is a lot I admit) this might help.

http://www.chassociation.org

There is no mention of a Col B reunion as yet, but it is early days.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I believe the reunions are done on a needs/interest-basis, based on how many people are expected and want to get together etc. etc.

So if there's a group keen to have one, it's definitely worth them getting in touch with the CHA Office to express the interest, and the CHA can see if they can arrange (or help arrange) a suitable reunion.

The events all depend on a number of factors:- number of people interested, availability of a suitable day in the busy school calendar, the suitability of the venue, what the attendees would like to be doing on the day etc. etc.

The CHA is always keen to encourage and support meetings of Old Blues in any context, so definitely worth talking to the office.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Coleridge B have a re-union lunch every year in London.

I fear you have recently missed one.

Bruce McKenzie-Boyle still runs them. I have his e-mail address if anyone requires it.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.