Kent Old Blues COBs

Advertise your CH sporting club and societies, regional Old Blues clubs, reunions and Old Blue events

Moderator: Moderators

Misterbee
3rd Former

Kent Old Blues COBs

Post by Misterbee »

Dear Kent Old Blues COBs

I am writing to you as the new organiser of the Kent Section of the CHA (COBS). I have agreed to take up the baton passed to me by my predecessor Geoffrey Tillotson. I hope that with your approval and help, together we can revive this section of the CHA. This news has now been formalised on the most recent CHA newsletter. Perhaps I should introduce myself.
I am Richard Briggs I originally hail from near Arundel in West Sussex.
I was in Housey from September 1960 through to July 1967.
I started in Prep A and in 1963 went up to Peele A
My time at CH as not crowned with any academic prowess in fact to the contrary, my performance was so limited, that I left before being “asked” to leave.
However I am proud to have been at CH because it taught me a great deal about the attributes of life particularly in the areas of self discipline, consideration of others and the projection of ones self as a contributing member of society.

My immediate post CH time saw me finish full time education and then drift through a number of jobs until I joined the Scientific Civil Service (MoD) in 1973.
Ironically this posting was to a base just north of Horsham at Langhurst.
I joined as a Photographer and underwent intensive vocational training and external education. This path eventually lead me into a formal science based role, which I still hold albeit within a now privatised arm of the defence industry.
I, along with my family, moved to Kent in 1977 when the Petroleum Warfare Establishment at Langhurst closed, and have been based just outside Sevenoaks ever since.
I am married to Stephanie and as we approach our 38th wedding anniversary are the proud parents of three and grandparents of a further three.
My personal interests include photography, fly fishing, walking and foreign travel.

I would welcome any contacts with Kent or near Kent based Old Blues and am open to suggestions and ideas on how to proceed with the revitalisation of this section of the CHA. For those of you interested I can supply a questionnaire (pdf) direct to your email address.
I can be reached either through a reply on this forum or indirectly through the CHA centrally.
Since taking on this role towards the end of May this year I have received over 30 positive respones in relation to the revitalisation of this Old Blues section.
Hope to hear from more of you soon.
Mr Bee
Peele A 1960 - 1967
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Re: Kent Old Blues COBs

Post by Fjgrogan »

Now there's a coincidence - only yesterday my younger daughter mentioned that they are thinking of moving to Kent, because her partner thinks his job is going to be based in Dartford for the foreseeable future, so I shall make sure that she reads your posting.

I wish you well in your endeavours.
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Misterbee
3rd Former

Re: Kent Old Blues COBs

Post by Misterbee »

Call for a Meeting

Dear COBs

Firstly I must apologise for not being anything like as proactive as I had originally intended, however my best laid plans were thrown into disarray by a number of events culminating in my being made redundant at the end of May. However there is an up-side, as I am no longer at work, I can “extracta digita” and start making amends for time lost.
To that end I am proposing that we have a inaugural get together for as many members of this group as possible in mid / late July 2010

Venue: The White Rabbit,
Location: Sandling Road, Maidstone, ME14 2RF – 200 meters from Maidstone East railway station. There is limited parking adjacent to the pub some of it “pay & display”
Telephone; 01622 692212
Time: Weekday lunch-time 12:00 to 2:00 / 3.00pm
Date TBA ( dependant upon the numberes indicating they would attend)

Format; An informal gathering for a get to know each other session, with a view to deciding a realistic framework for future meetings.

The cost of an organised sandwich style lunch would be in the order of £10.00 per head (not including drinks).

Please let me know ASAP if you would be prepared to attend and I’ll then set everything up. Replies please, by Monday 5th July 2010.

For those of you unable to attend a weekday / lunch function please let me know and we’ll try and organise an additional specifically weekend or evening get together.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Briggs
Registered members of COBs will know my contact details others can reply to me through this Forum
Mr Bee
Peele A 1960 - 1967