Fishing

Advertise your CH sporting club and societies, regional Old Blues clubs, reunions and Old Blue events

Moderator: Moderators

jeffreyo
2nd Former

Fishing

Post by jeffreyo »

I may be the only Old Blue to have been taught to cast a salmon fly in the art school car park (by the redoubtable Nell Todd), but I can't be the only OB to cast a fly. Is there any support for an Old Blues Fly Fishing Association (Old Bluffas)? Any OB is certainly welcome as a guest on my waters in Lancashire and the Welsh Borders.
Jeffrey Olstead
John Saunders
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Fishing

Post by John Saunders »

I have only just seen this item. Nell Todd gave me her steel trout fly rod 8 ft, which finally rusted through some five years ago.Very early use of steel in fly rods.top class fittings. Interested in your proposal for fishing meeting. I have recently retired as the North East Regional Director for the Salmon and Trout Association. Fish 3 times a week in the season. Mainly trout now as the salmon rod has become a bit heavy! Regards John Saunders.
John Saunders
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Fishing

Post by John Saunders »

I understand that a fly was dressed for Housey. Has anyone the details please as I wish to try one .Thanks John Saunders