KOBs Kent Old Blues first 2013 Meeting

Advertise your CH sporting club and societies, regional Old Blues clubs, reunions and Old Blue events

Moderator: Moderators

Misterbee
3rd Former

KOBs Kent Old Blues first 2013 Meeting

Post by Misterbee »

For those of you who may have thought I'd forgotten you all, the good news is, I have not!
I know it's nearly a year since our last meeting however I can assure you I propose to convene our next meeting on Wednesday 1st May 2013
I have deliberately delayed things this year particularly as Winter is currently determined not to loosen its grip
I shall promulgate a formal call for our next meeting through the CHA shortly
Mr Bee
Peele A 1960 - 1967
Misterbee
3rd Former

Re: KOBs Kent Old Blues first 2013 Meeting

Post by Misterbee »

Dear KOBs
I am now announcing the date and venue of our next meeting
The meeting will be on Wednesday 1st May 2013 at the White Rabbit Inn, Sandling Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 2RF from 12:00 noon until 3:00pm.
I shall take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of meetings over the past year.
My original intention was to hold them on a quarterly basis, however events and commitments have conspired such that I have not been able to give this matter the attention it deserves. Another factor affecting a meeting schedule is the extended wintry conditions that we are currently enduring, this made me put the next meeting off until May.
Having said all that, I have only had one request from a KOB as to when the next meeting was due!!
A key item I should like to put forward for discussion is an outing venue for a summer get together.
The format for our gathering will be as usual. Upon arrival at the White Rabbit please order and pay for your drinks and any food from the menu.
With your drinks in hand make your way to the Terra-Cotta Room where we will be gathering and your food will be served to you there.
The Terra-Cotta Room is on the far right of the bar as you face it.
I look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible
Kind regards
Richard
Mr Bee
Peele A 1960 - 1967
Misterbee
3rd Former

Re: KOBs Kent Old Blues first 2013 Meeting

Post by Misterbee »

KOBs meeting 1st May 2013 at White Rabbit Maidstone 12noon to 3:00pm
The meeting was held at our usual venue, the White Rabbit Maidstone.
I received apologies for absence from the following:-
April Cornish, Eddie Hardy, Keith Mills , David Paton, Carolyn Watkins, Judy Smith, Jack Bangs, David Harmsworth, Graham Easton, Philippa Johnson, Susan Savva, Gilly Wilford and Kit & Jeanette Bartlett.

Attendees: Rodd Nelson-Gracie (Pe B 52-58) Andrew Miller (Mid a/ Ma A 65 – 72), Geoff Lafford (Md B 57-64), Patrick Springford (Mid b 54-64) Diana Pelly (1s,2s 54-61), Nick Morgan (Pe A 62-69), Jim Rooke (Pe B 47-53), Shirley Hammond (3s 47-55), Rosemary Walder (1s+4s 49-55), Jim Wallder (Rosemary’s hired help), John McKenzie (LHa / LaA 68-75), John Sanders (Col B 56-65) and Richard Briggs (Pe A 60-67). As usual, it was the normal informal format for such a gathering with people just mingling on various tables.
We agreed that it would be desirable to have a get together at some alternative venue maybe as part of an excursion to a place of interest. David Paton has come up with some suggestions and I propose looking into their viability over the coming weeks. I will then canvas KOBs opinion to see if a consensus can be arrived at. Alternatively I’ll choose what I imagine is the best option and submit it for consideration.
We did not come up with a definite date for our next meeting but the late September or possibly early October this year, again I will keep you informed through the good offices of the CHA
Many thanks to all of you who attended and those of you who were with us in spirit.
Richard
Mr Bee
Peele A 1960 - 1967